• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 battery alternative configuratons

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I follow'ish how the factory set up is - I was looking for the right way to use type 31 batteries as an alternative to 4 x 6TL's - do I squeeze 4 in there and get new cables so I can wire the posts the same as factory (posts will be in different physical locations) or is there a way to use just 2 and still have the 12 V supply too. A pic like I drew in post 1 would help!
Scroll up and read post #5.

hirollin87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I follow'ish how the factory set up is - I was looking for the right way to use type 31 batteries as an alternative to 4 x 6TL's - do I squeeze 4 in there and get new cables so I can wire the posts the same as factory (posts will be in different physical locations) or is there a way to use just 2 and still have the 12 V supply too. A pic like I drew in post 1 would help!
I installed 4 group 31s in my 916a1 and I will get pics this afternoon for you. 4 group 31s got me more reserve capacity than 2 8Ds. Only change in wiring for me was I prefer screw stud top post instead of round. So I made some new cables. 601-941-7644 Hayes

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed 4 group 31s in my 916a1 and I will get pics this afternoon for you. 4 group 31s got me more reserve capacity than 2 8Ds. Only change in wiring for me was I prefer screw stud top post instead of round. So I made some new cables. 601-941-7644 Hayes
I got tired of buying 4 batteries when 2 work fine. With 4 batteries, when one goes bad, you have to buy 2 to replace both in that series pair. You can try replacing one, but in my experience that only makes the other one fail faster. If you have a truck that requires a lot of cranking to start, then 4 batteries may be the way to go.