• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916A1 Hauler

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have zero knowledge about Detroit series 60 engines. Are they good or should we stay away from them?
The 60 Series were just Cats painted green (to the point where Cat sued Detroit).
I had a Freightliner with one in it and I've always regretted not buying it from the lease company when the company I worked for went teats up. I put every mile that truck showed on the clock on it.
It would pull like mad on a hill. They are low RPM, high torque engines. If you let a Cummins pull down that low you would be hunting for dropped parts.
If I was allowed to mortgage the farm I'd buy a M916A2 if I could find one in half decent shape.

Autocar

Can't run it in calif without re-engining it. Needs to be 2010 or later emissions engine along with cat converter. Go to carb(cal air resources board) website

blhar15

The Series 60 is probably one of the best engines Detroit ever made outside of the current DD15. They started building them in the late 80's and there are plenty of parts out there for them. They do not meet current emissions though and therefore CA is off limits. They are very popular in glider kits right now. The M916A1 is a Freightliner FLD120, great truck and very durable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks