• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920's being replaced with ?

eldgenb

I didnt notice it at first. But I have a whole new respect for a hemtts towing capabilities now.
Yeah when I looked through that the first time I saw that and all I could do was think to myself,, I wonder how overweight that hemtt is.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't think actually pulling it on flat ground would be the issue....it is all rolling weight....the issue would be stopping it.
If they had intervehicular air lines connected so they could use the HETT's brake system they would prob be OK.

Would the HEMMT pull it up a serious grade.....and be able to hold it back going down.....maybe but doubtful.

I drove HEMMT's in Korea and I like them for the most part (I hate the too small cab and two stroke Driptroit engine).

I would own one for the cool factor if funding permitted.

Ord22

i agree wreckerman. it would be an stopping issue. i'm pretty sure they would have the intervehicular air lines connected. thats alot of weight for that hemmt to tow. when i drove hemmts, i always connected the airlines to the disabled vehicle. it help my driving easy. i loved the detroits in them!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once visited a website...wish I could find it again...that showed pics of two HEMTT wreckers dragging a tractor trailer combo with its brakes locked up an icy mountain road in Croatia, Serbia, etc...one of those areas. Anyway, the guy who created the website was in the Army at the time and was quite impressed that the two trucks dragged the fully loaded tractor trailer combo up that mountain and he said the road was ice packed!

mudguppy

i towed a bunch of 931s w/ tankers full of fuel around the MSR the night of the invasion in '03; and it does pretty well. i have also driven a fully laden HET just for S&G's.

i couldn't imagine a single 984 pulling the fully laden HET. seems like it must have taken days for it to get up to any kind of speed over 20 mph...

don't get me wrong, the HEMTT is a bad mo-fugger, but is seriously lacking in the power-plant department considering the given GVWR. let alone when coupled to 220,000 lbs.

my HEMTT would have a 600hp Cat in 'er... plus Pistburg Power mods. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks