• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/A1 New acquisition

nlauffer

This will be the first post I've put on here. I have crawled around on here trying to find information for some 68 deuces, but that's it. I am the Assistant Director of Fire & Emergency Management for Stafford County, KS. I just accepted delivery of our new 5ton today. It has 17 miles and just under 40 hours since military rebuild. I post some pics later today, and keep update on the transformation this truck will take. Let me know what you think, and any ideas or tips is appreciated.

nlauffer

I just got back from taking my son to a hospital in Denver, so no progress.

This truck will be used as a large brush truck. It will hold 1000 gallon water tank and equipment. Most of the stuff will be swapped from a deuce to this one.

nlauffer

Not sure why, maybe the file size, but I can't get any of the progress pics to upload. Not much done as of yet, though.

Undercarriage has been painted black, and bedliner applied to some areas. Drop sides removed and the spare tire and crane removed. LED emergency lights and spot lights have been ordered and are here. A 12V specific fuse block is ordered and almost here. Quotes are coming in on a new 1000 gallon low profile rectangular tank and paint job for the cab. Initial layout and planning is underway on the bed and for a remote controlled monitor mounted to the front.

Couple questions:
1. I want to get a trailer to match the truck and be able to haul another 1000 gallon water tank. What are some options or things you guys have tried?
2. I want to relocate the exhaust stack. One thought is to move it to the side and mimic the air intake on the driver side. The other is to route it straight back under the bed and exit the back. Is there any concerns with either of these ideas or other ideas?

nlauffer

Quick update. I found a trailer. The truck is almost done being painted. The bed is on it's way to being cut apart. The exhaust should be done in a couple days. The truck that we are swapping parts from is almost all torn apart.

I am still having trouble with pictures, and we have had alot of fires so not much time to try and figure it out. I believe it is because they are too big. I use Picasa at home, so I'm gonna download it at work and try that way.

The exhaust is just moving around the corner a little way. I will look just like the air intake on the driver's side.

the bed is the hardest part. Not because of the work, but because it is in perfect shape. A couple holes will be cut in it and the front pieces will be removed to extend it forward.

I know everyone likes photos. Me especially. So I will get that figured out next.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like everyone that gets an m939 series truck has to copy wsucougarx by using "acquisition" somewhere in the title...

nlauffer

I didn't notice that until I looked at the bottom of the page at the "Similar Threads". I work for Emergency Services and was an LEO, and in the military. Maybe thats where the word comes from. Also, it's not my personal truck. So I was trying to seperate myself from it.

Very funny that I was just thinking about that when you posted.

You might wait around. I am just now trying to get some pics uploaded. Still not working.

nlauffer

OK, Im still lost. No pics, yet again. They were all there. They were all jpg and they were all less than 100kb each. 8 pics and they don't show up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks