• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/A1 New acquisition

nlauffer

Multiple things are happening at once. It is getting close to the end. Today, I wired in a converter. I spliced into the hot wire running from the slave plug. I ran to the drivers side of the battery box with 6 ga. and hooked in a master shut off switch, and then ran it back to the passenger side of the battery box. The converter is placed inside the battery box on the passenger side in the empty area. I also bolted up my fuse block. I now have fused 12V sources for all my add-ons. Meetings for the next two days, so probably no more progress. I will finish the wiring by the end of the week hopefully. The plumbing is about half way done, and the railing on the bed is getting painted before it is welded in to place.

I also had to order a new air valve of some sort. It is part of the cooling fan system. I can't think of what it is called right now, but I am sure one of you guys knows what I mean. It would leak out all my air in the truck within about 30 minutes.

Oh yeah, I orderd a set of LED headlights for it also. By the time I am done, there won't be a standard bulb left on this truck.

Wiring left to do:

Pump fuel tank sender
pump motor (gauges and starter)
reel line
finish emergency leds
finish led flood and driving lights
water tank level sender
vhf & uhf radios
siren

All will be fused and switched. All wiring is ran in metal electrical conduit(under the truck) and plastic split loom inside and on top of the tank.

nlauffer

Also, I got another 5ton. This one is an A2 with the 8.3L and the CTIS removed. It is desert camo and not near as nice shape as the first. This truck will receive a bed I removed from an extended wheel base deuce. The cab and chassis will get painted and then the bed mounted. A small amount of wiring will get done. The same converter setup with fuse block and master switch. The exhaust will probably get ran under the bed and turn down and out in front of the rear wheels. The same LED emergency lighting and LED floodlights. Also both trucks will get another tool box added above the passenger side rear tool box. This second truck may get a smaller one or some mods, due to the exhaust.

Wednesday, I am going to ask the County Commissioners to let me buy a third 923A1. This one has 11.5 hours and will cost $5000. wish me luck.

nlauffer

Well, I don't get to buy the one 923A1. I GET TO BUY 2 OF THEM. So, in a matter of months, I have become the owner of 3 923A1 with recent rebuilds and 1 923A2 without a rebuild. Anyone want to come help build these into fire trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks