• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Bob

hawaii5ton

Day one and disassemble was fairly easy and straightforward. I have seen a lot of pictures on the old interweb here but no trucks like this in Hawaii, so I'll be learning as I go with no reference.

IMG_0181.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_2917.jpg

hawaii5ton

IMG_2924.jpgIMG_2920.jpgIMG_2932.jpg

I bought a set of front springs complete with hangers, shackles, and all bolts from E-Bay (shipping to Hawaii from New Jersey cost as much as the springs).
You can see how much of the frame was cut off here.

hawaii5ton

IMG_2956.jpgIMG_2958.jpgIMG_2959.jpgIMG_2960.jpgRan the exhaust under body, believe it or not there is still almost ten inches of clearance between muffler and tire.
Ran 5" exhaust from cab back and used a stack muffler because it was only 9" diameter. Also I made a turn out through and behind mudflap hanger and painted whole thing with flat black 2000' header paint.

hawaii5ton

IMG_2964.jpgIMG_2966.jpgIMG_2967.jpgI forgot my camera when I shortened the bed sides and jump seats but here's the finished truck.
Done on the fourth of July and had her maiden voyage in the evening parade.
I had a blast building it and think it turned out great.

bigboy44

Great Job, I like it. Can you tell me the turning radius, how it drives compared to the duel axels, and fuel MPG. Thanks

hawaii5ton

This truck drives great, I have parked it in a single parking stall with no problem. The turn radius is considerably tighter, I would compare to my quad cab pick-up. I can turn around in a cul-de-sac without doing a three point. Not sure about fuel mileage I've only had it done two days now.

hawaii5ton

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0004.jpgFinally got a chance to repair and install the top, I think it looks better with it on.
Here's a couple pics. I just pop riveted the plastic strip to the top with washer backers and painted them to blend in.IMG_0006.jpg
No modification to truck, just the top. I couldn't get anyone to sew it on, so this works.

madcroc1

I see that you cut a middle section out of the bed. can you tell me what the length is of your bed after the shrink job ?
Also how much did you remove of the frame rails ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks