• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Bob

hawaii5ton

Day one and disassemble was fairly easy and straightforward. I have seen a lot of pictures on the old interweb here but no trucks like this in Hawaii, so I'll be learning as I go with no reference.

IMG_0181.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_2917.jpg

hawaii5ton

IMG_2924.jpgIMG_2920.jpgIMG_2932.jpg

I bought a set of front springs complete with hangers, shackles, and all bolts from E-Bay (shipping to Hawaii from New Jersey cost as much as the springs).
You can see how much of the frame was cut off here.

hawaii5ton

IMG_2956.jpgIMG_2958.jpgIMG_2959.jpgIMG_2960.jpgRan the exhaust under body, believe it or not there is still almost ten inches of clearance between muffler and tire.
Ran 5" exhaust from cab back and used a stack muffler because it was only 9" diameter. Also I made a turn out through and behind mudflap hanger and painted whole thing with flat black 2000' header paint.

hawaii5ton

IMG_2964.jpgIMG_2966.jpgIMG_2967.jpgI forgot my camera when I shortened the bed sides and jump seats but here's the finished truck.
Done on the fourth of July and had her maiden voyage in the evening parade.
I had a blast building it and think it turned out great.

bigboy44

Great Job, I like it. Can you tell me the turning radius, how it drives compared to the duel axels, and fuel MPG. Thanks

hawaii5ton

This truck drives great, I have parked it in a single parking stall with no problem. The turn radius is considerably tighter, I would compare to my quad cab pick-up. I can turn around in a cul-de-sac without doing a three point. Not sure about fuel mileage I've only had it done two days now.

hawaii5ton

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0004.jpgFinally got a chance to repair and install the top, I think it looks better with it on.
Here's a couple pics. I just pop riveted the plastic strip to the top with washer backers and painted them to blend in.IMG_0006.jpg
No modification to truck, just the top. I couldn't get anyone to sew it on, so this works.

madcroc1

I see that you cut a middle section out of the bed. can you tell me what the length is of your bed after the shrink job ?
Also how much did you remove of the frame rails ?