• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Crew Cab anyone?

Dnl2111

Reviving an old thread, but I've got a few questions.

1) What's the minimum cost to convert a 5-ton to a crew cab?
2) Could most any competent machine shop complete the work?
3) Even though crew cabs are almost always bobbed, would a tandem axle look okay? Pics please! I like how beefy the tandem axles look, and its way less cutting and welding.

Thanks y'all!

amgeneral72

Reviving an old thread, but I've got a few questions.

1) What's the minimum cost to convert a 5-ton to a crew cab?
2) Could most any competent machine shop complete the work?
3) Even though crew cabs are almost always bobbed, would a tandem axle look okay? Pics please! I like how beefy the tandem axles look, and its way less cutting and welding.

Thanks y'all!
Chek post #34 for pictures of a tandem Axel.

I believe it looks better than a bobbed truck.

Just my 2cents

Last edited:

Dnl2111

I saw that pic right after I posted! I'd agree that it looks better, but of course that's personal preference. I can't tell for sure from that single pic, but I'm guessing didn't have to relocate the axles for that conversion. Looks they probably just added the second cab and replaced the original bed with a shorter one. Wonder how much money you save by not bobbing?

Chek post #34 for pictures of a tandem Axel.

I believe it looks better than a bobbed truck.

Just my 2cents

tobyS

You can get a donor cab for 500 generally. I have some for that or less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Do they come with decent doors? No front window needed but do need side windows.

What ever happened to using a 939 series on the back of a deuce? Have you seen that combination Jeff?

Csm Davis

Do they come with decent doors? No front window needed but do need side windows.

What ever happened to using a 939 series on the back of a deuce? Have you seen that combination Jeff?
Yeah 500 gets doors too, haven't seen anyone make the 939 and RIO cab 4 door yet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks