• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 pricing

M923driver

A lot depends on the condition and the model. A2 with singles and a recent overhaul or an A1 with worn out duals and in need of repairs makes a lot of difference.

blb5198

I'm going to look at it tonight. I know it doesn't have singles which was disappointing and I've seen them go on GL for under 5000 with singles.

Sephirothq

I was going to go into a long debate of where to try and find a price on an old military truck.
Everything is used and there is no kelly blue book value guides out there

I was going to try and suggest GL but that is a poor idea as you don't know what you are getting.

Private sales either here craigslist or a guy who knows a guy. Who knows what you will get either. You might have a better chance as you should get to test drive it.

I have heard people suggest scrap prices, scrap prices are for scrap iron, not a running driving vehicle. I would like to buy a new car for it's weight in scrap. So that doesn't work out at all.

Ebay is a bit nuts at times and dealers are trying to run a business so they prices are going to be the highest of any out there.

So good luck! I don't really know what to say. You hear of the stories of the $500 trucks, the widow who wants to get rid of something. The WWII jeeps new in crate for $50 and Gl trucks for $150.

But then again those are all stories. Try to find something that is real for that price!!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They go from anywhere from $2500 on GL where they are selling a hundred of them that many won't run and need extensive repairs to $27,000 on Ebay.

You should be able to buy one that runs good and has been checked out for $5500 to $8500 depending on condition and how it is equipped.

Look at a lot of trucks, that's my suggestion. Get a feel for prices in your area.

sniperboy

Just an example - There is one for sale here (Van Texas) for 7,000.00 including a trailer. It is a 1971 M923-a1 with singles. It is tan and looks in pretty good shape. Last year the same guy had a 1987 with 190miles since a rebuild and wanted 9,000.00.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an example - There is one for sale here (Van Texas) for 7,000.00 including a trailer. It is a 1971 M923-a1 with singles. It is tan and looks in pretty good shape. Last year the same guy had a 1987 with 190miles since a rebuild and wanted 9,000.00.

Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think they made M923's in 1971. In 1971, that was all the 800 series 5 tons. 900 series came out in the early 80's i think.

gijoe

Yes that is right, 900 series in the 80's, 800's in the 70's and the m39 series in the 60's or earlier. This is a ROUGH sort of rule of thumb, IMHO (only)

Last edited: