• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 pricing

M923driver

A lot depends on the condition and the model. A2 with singles and a recent overhaul or an A1 with worn out duals and in need of repairs makes a lot of difference.

blb5198

I'm going to look at it tonight. I know it doesn't have singles which was disappointing and I've seen them go on GL for under 5000 with singles.

Sephirothq

I was going to go into a long debate of where to try and find a price on an old military truck.
Everything is used and there is no kelly blue book value guides out there

I was going to try and suggest GL but that is a poor idea as you don't know what you are getting.

Private sales either here craigslist or a guy who knows a guy. Who knows what you will get either. You might have a better chance as you should get to test drive it.

I have heard people suggest scrap prices, scrap prices are for scrap iron, not a running driving vehicle. I would like to buy a new car for it's weight in scrap. So that doesn't work out at all.

Ebay is a bit nuts at times and dealers are trying to run a business so they prices are going to be the highest of any out there.

So good luck! I don't really know what to say. You hear of the stories of the $500 trucks, the widow who wants to get rid of something. The WWII jeeps new in crate for $50 and Gl trucks for $150.

But then again those are all stories. Try to find something that is real for that price!!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They go from anywhere from $2500 on GL where they are selling a hundred of them that many won't run and need extensive repairs to $27,000 on Ebay.

You should be able to buy one that runs good and has been checked out for $5500 to $8500 depending on condition and how it is equipped.

Look at a lot of trucks, that's my suggestion. Get a feel for prices in your area.

sniperboy

Just an example - There is one for sale here (Van Texas) for 7,000.00 including a trailer. It is a 1971 M923-a1 with singles. It is tan and looks in pretty good shape. Last year the same guy had a 1987 with 190miles since a rebuild and wanted 9,000.00.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an example - There is one for sale here (Van Texas) for 7,000.00 including a trailer. It is a 1971 M923-a1 with singles. It is tan and looks in pretty good shape. Last year the same guy had a 1987 with 190miles since a rebuild and wanted 9,000.00.

Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think they made M923's in 1971. In 1971, that was all the 800 series 5 tons. 900 series came out in the early 80's i think.

gijoe

Yes that is right, 900 series in the 80's, 800's in the 70's and the m39 series in the 60's or earlier. This is a ROUGH sort of rule of thumb, IMHO (only)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks