• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 truck Sparta WI to Connecticut

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Hi yes thank you he is all ready checking it over making sure it is ready to go for me. I don't think he wants to drive it 1100 miles to CT though. I didn't think it would be this hard to find a transporter. I have insurance on it and I can get a CT dealer plate to drive it back on but by the time I pay for a flight and gas and missing work it's cheaper to have it hauled. I had a few guys interested at 1500 cash they all want to double up which is fine I have spoken with a few guys on the east coast that need to get trucks back from sparta also but all the shippers already have a partial load lined up. They are interested in doing it and then they loose interest.
Will

FP1201

Just a thought or two from someone who's been there, done that: 500 miles is a long way in a 5-ton, 1,000 miles is a VERY LONG way, and 2,000 is downright stupid! I've done all three and still have a spot in my arse that's completely numb. Hearing protection, good mechanical skills, and plenty of room on your credit card are a must. Towing one is fine for short distances like across town; the tow truck must be as heavy, preferably heavier than the truck being towed. Speed is limited to approximately 55mph outright driving it, and when towing 45mph is break-neck speed and difficult to achieve/maintain. Additionally, it seems to take twice the time to travel the same distance with a Military Vehicle as does a traditional pick-up truck or car. YMMV

jedawson1

Your in a good spot if Jeff is helping you, he'll hold it until you find shipping. Do a search for a truck hiking service. If its drivable a hiker will drive to base, attach their car to the hitch and drive it to you. Fuel is $1.00 a mile now so this would be an expensive option but an option none the less. I'm sure you will find a flatbed if you stay on them to find a back haul. Jeff took care of my truck last year your truck is safe with him if you can wait for the right shipping deal.

Best wish and Congrats.

Orionspath

Drive it!

I got one in Sparta also. I need to get it to Maryland. Can we share a trailer?? I got quotes of $1,750 the last time I checked. I'm thinking of just flying there and driving back. People say I'm crazy, so that's why I want to do it.... unless I could share a trailer.

Knowing now what I didn't back 7 years ago, I'd fly out and drive it back! Epic opportunity you'll never have another chance to enjoy......

datadawg

They did have a loading ramp in Sparta, you would just need a ramp or dock back home. I've driven 4 different trucks 300 miles home from Sparta and had several others hauled on a step-deck. Did you win the camo one with the tan soft top?
You guys do realize this is an old thread, OP needed transport in 2013!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks