• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Aquisition

mdemars03

Well, the story of my life with MV's lol. I was out for a drive and the turn signals quit working on me. Was out driving for abut 30 minutes and a little over half way I went to turn and the light on the turn signal switch wouldn't flash, it lit up but didn't flash. I got it to the house and checked and sure enough no turn signals. I don't get left, right, or 4 way. I guess I will take some time and start checking components and looking for loose connections.

JohnnyBM931A2

Well, the story of my life with MV's lol. I was out for a drive and the turn signals quit working on me. Was out driving for abut 30 minutes and a little over half way I went to turn and the light on the turn signal switch wouldn't flash, it lit up but didn't flash. I got it to the house and checked and sure enough no turn signals. I don't get left, right, or 4 way. I guess I will take some time and start checking components and looking for loose connections.
Good times.. :(

mdemars03

Good times.. :(
Yeah. Lol. I had this happen to me before and the only way I was able to fix it was replace all the components. Granted it was an older truck so there wasnt a whole lot in between the components. I'm hoping this time it's just a loose connection or something. I didn't really get a chance to look at it since it was getting dark. She will just have to stay parked until I get this issue resolved.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce turn signals quit every now and then, and it's usually a light bulb. Hope yours is that easy. By the way nice truck, best of luck with it!!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. Lol. I had this happen to me before and the only way I was able to fix it was replace all the components. Granted it was an older truck so there wasnt a whole lot in between the components. I'm hoping this time it's just a loose connection or something. I didn't really get a chance to look at it since it was getting dark. She will just have to stay parked until I get this issue resolved.
If it turns out to be the lever assembly I've got one you can have.

Please post the results of your troubleshooting...

thanks

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I didn't read this word for word. Getting ready to head out the door.

It could be the flasher. I have one at storage.

Check the connection down by the peddles. Unscrew it, clean it and put it back together with some electric gel. That might also fix that one.

mdemars03

Well, I got the turn signal issue fixed. Turns out it was just a loose connection to the flasher relay. Tightened the connector a couple turns and everything works again.

mdemars03

Now for the next adventure with the truck. I woke up this morning and had a code violation on my front door. Violation reads as follows:

20.08.010 Uses permitted per district heavy trucks and equipment are not permitted to be parked or stored in a residential district. Must remove within 10 days. Failure to comply will result in a class c citation and further legal action in court. Military vehicles being parked on the property.

So I called and spoke with the enforcement officer who wrote the citation. I was polite with him and told him I understand he is just doing his job and I am not upset with him and that I would just like clarification as I don't understand since it is a personal vehicle not commercial and it is registered as an antique. He said the code says it is over the weight for residential areas but since it is not commercial and is an antique he will need a copy of my registration to show it is registered as an antique and will then talk with his supervisor and let me know how to proceed with this issue. He is going to pick up the copy of the registration tomorrow morning and should let me know tomorrow afternoon as to the final decision. If not then I need to move the trucks.

Hopefully this will work out in my favor and I get to keep my trucks at the house.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, I got the turn signal issue fixed. Turns out it was just a loose connection to the flasher relay. Tightened the connector a couple turns and everything works again.
Figured. Make sure the connector is clean and if you have the gel, slap some in there.

mdemars03

They quit working again. I tried hooking up a spare flasher relay that I had and unless that one is bad too which is always a possibility. I went around and checked all the connections and everything looked good. I'm going to have to start checking components next. That's the last thing I know to do.

mdemars03

Got my VIC-1 installed yesterday. Mounted it to the back of the seat. Got my sugar scoop and standoff bracket in today. Just need the mounting bracket to mount my RT-524. After that I will start looking at paint. I'm also thinking about moving the batteries to the toolbox on the passenger side under the door. Any thoughts on moving batteries. The reason I want them moved is eventually I want to install a set of military air ride seats for driver and passenger.

mdemars03

So stupid me... the other day when I installed my VIC-1 apparently I left the battery switch on so now I have 2 dead batteries and no way to jump it. Right now I have the crossover cable for the batteries disconnected and am using my Silverado to try and charge each battery individually so hopefully I can get the truck started to let it charge on its own.