• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

hippiedude

Sorry you got to sell... :( But congrats on the little one :beer: You will find something green to fit the budget......How about a small 2.5 ton tipper for that home improvement project... :wink:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris:
Sorry to hear you have to sell it and very happy to know you are going to be a daddy. I would trade all my military iron and guns for one of my four children and I thank God it has not come to that. I hope that some financial bonus comes your way because my children all grew up being driven around in on old Jeep or the duece. It gives them memories that last a lifetime. Maybe the Viginia Museum of Military Vehicles would be interested in taking it in for their collection. PM me and I can give you the phone number or it is on their web site.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
It really hurts to see your truck going up for sale, knowing that I'm not the lucky guy buying it! :cry:

If I had the cash to spare, it'd already be on a Landoll heading towards CA! ;) :driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You forgot to photoshop out the license plate #'s in one of the pics......

Nice listing.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
clinto said:

Nice listing.
:shock: Thanks clinto, got it now.

Bjorn, yeah, you can tell it's an off-the-shelf shifter assembly. The wood trim adds a bit of elegance to the interior. I was thinking of some leather buckets and some soft lighting. :wink:

Nf6x, I'd love to see it go to a SS member!

Thanks guys!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto said:

Nice listing.
Why is it critical to get that done? Can't you walk down the street and see countless cars' license plates' numbers and letters all day long?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Had some fun this afternoon. I decided to finally get the bumper and tailgate painted on the 923A2. I was tired of looking at the rust on the tailgate and the plain-green bumper. I went down to my office to work since my compressor and all of my spray equipment was down there.

I scraped, sanded and primed the tailgate. Then, I cleaned all the dead bugs off of the bumper from the Aberdeen trip. I fired up the compressor and laid down a couple of coats of 383 Substitute by Gillispie. It looks soooo much better. I'll finish with the brown and black tomorrow. I'll snap a couple of new pics for my eBay listing and post them here too.

Still no luck on selling the truck. I'm not real upset about that since I didn't want to sell it in the first place. I lowered the price to $19k and re-listed it on ePay. It was fun to drive it around today. Such a nice day to go for a ride with the 14.00R20's singing in my ears :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a bad price for a really nice M923. However, keep in mind a couple things, Chris:

1. A few dealers out there are selling 5-tons in the M900 series for less, Schott's for example. Them's the breaks, regardless of how nice your M923 is.

2. Money is tight for everyone now. The economy may be great on Wall Street, for the big money losers, but for average Joe American, it's REAL tight out here. Inflatiion is around 12 percent (with cost of living increases, tax increases, etc), all our jobs are being exported, and we have to work 2-3 jobs per household just to make ends meet. There's not a lot of free $$$ floating around, and that which does get spent is 9 times outta 10 CREDIT, not CASH.

Patience is a virtue in the world of the more expensive MVs, you're just gonna have to wait for the right buyer.

You're not going to get $19,000 for your M923 on eBay. For common MVs, eBay is pretty good, but for the more expensive ones, you're not going to get the cash you need. Here is someone I recommend. Costs you nothing - he charges the buyer a commission, so just tell him you need $19K for your ride, and he takes care of the rest:

www.armyjeeps.net

Cdub

Hi Chris,

Just an idea but........have you let Bill Peaslee know your selling your M923A2.

http://www.usmilitaryvehicles.com/

He could be a great help.....He seems to know just about everyone that I've ever spoke to.

Bill is the fella that went with me to Schott's when I was looking from an M925.

Good Luck,

Craig

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Just hang tight. I didn't win the lottery last Wednesday, but I'm playing 10 bucks again tonight! ;) I'd take real good care of your truck, though it might grow a knuckleboom on its back... :lol:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the advice and well wishes guys. I have lowered the price to $17,000 OBO. You really won't find a nicer 939-series for the money!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris:
Don't give it away I am praying that the LORD will give you some bonus or another blessing that allows you to keep it. I kinda wish I had kept the old CJ that I took my first son for many a ride in, when I think back now I almost gave it away for what it was worth. Of course we all know that our families come first and any man who does not know that is a fool. I hope you and your wife are doing well with the pregnancy and that your child is born healthy and with a great spirit. All four of ours displayed the same character in the womb as they did growing up.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks David. I know what you are saying. I have felt the same way about some of the trucks I have sold over the years. There will always be other 939-series trucks out there if I want another one. The best cure for selling one truck is to buy another one as quickly as possible to replace it ;)

I really just want it gone before the baby gets here so I don't have to deal with it then. If I have to take a hit on the price to make it go faster, then so be it. I'm sure if I waited long enough, someone might give me $19k for it, but I don't have time to burn.

Mom is doing fine. The 90+ days and humidity are making her swell up a bunch, but she and the boy are healthy. I'm sure he'll be a pistol. My parents always told me when I was showing my rear as a kid that someday I would have a little boy and paybacks are tough :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Took a few new pics today. I repainted the bumper, the tailgate and the hood-sides. I put all my bows back together with the help of my bro-in-law. After that we hoisted my new 3-color cargo top in place to really make it look sharp, but... turns out the top was for a deuce. Sigh...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks