• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

Cdub

Wow......looks OUTSTANDING..........sorry to hear about the cargo cover....

Watch out.....if you make it to nice, you might not want to sell it anymore....Hahaha

Keep up the GREAT WORK.........!!

Cheers,

C'dub

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, you ever bid on those cement trucks I looked at for you? Might want to start looking up in Mechanicsburg and Chambersburg, there's some really nice big iron lining up at the GL site....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
maddawg308 said:
Chris, you ever bid on those cement trucks I looked at for you? Might want to start looking up in Mechanicsburg and Chambersburg, there's some really nice big iron lining up at the GL site....
I bid early to watch the bidders. I was going to bid on the last day, but they went over my budget. I think they went for $8-10k, which is a good price, but a little higher than I wanted to go. Man they are huge!!

Cdub, thanks. It is starting to come together real well cosmetically. If I just had a little more time, I would re-spray the entire truck. That would make all the difference in the world. It'll make someone a real sharp truck.

Nf6x, if you win the lotto, the generous thing to do would be to give me the asking price and let me keep the truck :wink:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, why not put it back on ebay, with a reserve if nothing else amd you'll find out how much bidders are willing to pay.
Most of us poor slobs can only afford the old stuff. The FMTVs and new 900 series trucks are way out of reach.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bjorn, I've considered it, but I only had a few decent offers last time I listed so I may go with David Uhrig MV Broker instead. I am also considering respraying the whole truck myself. I have a good spray-gun setup now so if I can get a few hours here and there to do it, then I may go ahead and take care of it.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got my Protective Control Box from Winslow today. My brother picked it up on his way here to help me finish a few pre-baby projects. We got it installed in under 20 minutes and it started on the first crank. It was great to hear it run again. I took the old one apart and some of the printed circuits on the board were fried. I still can't believe they would use a PCB with printed circuitry in a tactical vehicle. I can only imagine if one would fail on the front line. You'd have to abandon the truck and set the charges.

Bjorn, are you still interested in tinkering with my old one?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it finally happened. A guy came with a pocket full of cash last night and drove the truck away. I will miss it, but the cash will really help out. I'm sure a new truck will take its place one day soon :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mark, if you just would have hit that lotto!

Ted, thanks. He's gonna need a truck-load of Pampers before he's done ;)

David, he'll definitely be getting his first MV at a young age. Whenever he's old enough to hold a wrench!

Mike, sure, what do you need, like 4 or 5?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glad you sold it but we all knew it had to go but didnt want to hope that guy continues on with the restore , what is your next project any idea

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks