• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ojsdna744 said:
"I'll be buying a 80's diesel beater pick-up for my daily driver. "

That's what I was thinking, M1008 fits that bill nicely. :)
True, but I would really like an extended cab or crew cab. Maybe I could find an Air Force 3+3 with a 6.2? If not, a 7.3L IDI Ford crew cab would work.

Heck, I'll just drive the 923A2 every day! :shock:

tjcouch

First - Nice truck!

I think the telehandler is configured for moving inter-modal shipping containers . . . like the ones pictured below:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice pic. I can hear it now. "Man, I can't figure out how my Unimogs from Germany got all smashed up inside their container! It's almost like a 100' tower of containers toppled over on them."

CanonNinja

well, I'm jealous! After seeing some pics of a 5-ton next to a deuce, I fell in love... time to get the Deuce home and settled, and start looking for an 813 or 923 in the next 8 months

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
CanonNinja,
An 813 would be a easier to find at this point and less expensive. I'm sure there will be quite a few of them coming up at auction over the next year. Many of the surplus dealers have the 800's on hand as well.

The 900's are harder to come by, especially the A2's since they are current issue trucks. They are not typically being released, but since the 900/900A1s have been around since the late 80's, they are starting to pop up for sale.

Let me know when you are ready to start shopping. By that time I will have been all through this truck and may be able to offer some tips/tricks.

CanonNinja

what did you pay for the truck, if you dont mind me asking? I'm thinking that the 5-tons are going to keep steady trickling out until they're flooded like the deuces, so I have some time to find one I like, for sure.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,
Keep me posted on your truck as I know almost all of the guys that have M939 series parts.

Congratulations!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
CanonNinja, no comment. I have seen A2 trucks listed for $15-30k depending on which variant and condition. Mine was less than that, but I'm sure I'll have a good deal in it by the time it's perfect.

Bruce, thanks for the offer. I'll email my parts wanted list to you as soon as I get a chance to go over the whole truck.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, that is one cool truck... Look foward to seeing it at Aberdeen or Haspin.

Dennis

Last edited:

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job loading and hauling your new truck Chris - you can tell who's done that once or twice before.

Looking forward to seeing how she handles on the highway, plenty of room in the bed for smaller m/v's too!
Congrats!
Chad

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chad, you'll get to find out how it handles firsthand on the way to Aberdeen! We'll get you behind the wheel for a while :D You could definitely put a Jeep or something in the bed, but it would take some serious ramps! ;)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris:
I think you wil love that truck it was new when I deployed to Desert Storm and the trucks performed marvelously. Even had a few pulling M354 dual axle dolly convertors and M 871 trailers they had to because we were short tractors in the Division when we deployed and did not get healthy until they shipped us some from European POMCUS stocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks