• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 Diesel in airsystem???

engele

Hi together,
i have disconnected my ctis some month ago and the connectors at the wheel hubs are open. Last weeks i saw a little oil at the rims, than i saw its Diesel "fog" at the Ares near the connectors.
Now My 4wheel switch is a little leaky and it smells like diesel if i switch of the Truck and pull the park brake. Its no oil, its definitiv Diesel.
How can it be? Where is a Connection between air and Dieselsystem?

Best regards alex

dmetalmiki

No idea really, but if that were happening to me I would start by checking the breather system throughout. Especially in the region of (any) fuel tank outlets. Look for a breather system schematic in you pertaining T.M.s.

sweetk30

I have a 8.3 head on the floor in my shop . . . long story .

by looking at it the only place I see diesel getting in the compressed air side is the head might have a hair line crack at the filter boss on the inside under the intake tube/plate to head . as this is were the compresser gets filtered air from . might have to pull the intake tube/plate off the head and pressurize up the fuel system and see if it gets damp in there .