• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Doing 80 MPH!!

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I was traveling north on I 83 into PA from MD. About the Loganiville Exit a M923, which I believe to be an A2 (was driving and didn't notice), merged onto the highway. I was doing about 73-75. We caught up to him pretty quick. Very nice truck. Looked stock except for the exhaust pipe. Almost thought it was the truck I sold some time ago. After I passed him, I pulled into the right lane some distance ahead of him. Kept my speed about the same as it was. Before I know it, the thing came roaring past me. I was doing a steady 75 when he passed me. Can't imagine it was stock. Had a PA plate on the truck. Crazy. I was nervous to take mine over 50. The thing would start shaking and get real light in the front. And it was in awesome condition. Any ideas who it might have been and what's going on with the truck?

infidel got me

I can see the headlines now [ MILITARY TRUCK KILLS BUS LOAD OF KIDS] after front tire blows ---- good way to help us right out of our trucks

I guess you cant fix stupid

74M35A2

Yesterday I was traveling north on I 83 into PA from MD. About the Loganiville Exit a M923, which I believe to be an A2 (was driving and didn't notice), merged onto the highway. I was doing about 73-75. We caught up to him pretty quick. Very nice truck. Looked stock except for the exhaust pipe. Almost thought it was the truck I sold some time ago. After I passed him, I pulled into the right lane some distance ahead of him. Kept my speed about the same as it was. Before I know it, the thing came roaring past me. I was doing a steady 75 when he passed me. Can't imagine it was stock. Had a PA plate on the truck. Crazy. I was nervous to take mine over 50. The thing would start shaking and get real light in the front. And it was in awesome condition. Any ideas who it might have been and what's going on with the truck?
If your truck shakes over 50mph, something is wrong.

The guy going 80mph obviously has his fuel and governor turned up. He's exceeding the tire rating and speed limit, but he'll get caught and slow down, or have his insurance cancelled.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
With one or two clicks of the gov springs an A2 truck will easily go 80mph. I don't advise it though. The 6cta motor is military goverened at around 2100 rpms but with minor mods it will happily rev well over 3k. At 2100 rpms you can do around 70mph. You will kill your ctis hub seals going fast though.

dawico

That just doesn't sound like a fun ride. I like my ride slow and easy. If I felt the need to go 80 mph I wouldn't be in a 5 ton.

I just hope the driver is a capable operator, not just some idiot that wants to push the limits.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No one is a capable operator in a 5ton at 80mph. Just because you can do it dosnt mean you should. I can see finding an empty highway and creeping up into the low 70s for a few seconds just to see but cruising at 80 is just asking for trouble.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is turned up, and I enjoy the power. But.......I use it for better hill climbing and towing power. The tires are definitely the limiting factor for top speed.

infidel got me

I bet he had to speed up to 80 because he lost his signal on his smart phone -- so he had to get in another zone--

you can't leave a text message unanswered -- come on guys

spicergear

The M939 series is so much more comfortable a drive/ride than the 800 series or the deuce trucks that it's easy to roll with them. I know I was surprised and pleased. 80mph though...geeze. aua

MtnSnow

During my wife's (Beast) and my (Beast II) drive yesterday to and from Ogden UT for a car/truck show with both trucks we where most happily cruising along at 50-55 mph with a couple of spots where we did get up to 60 with both trucks capable of doing faster (Gov Springs & Fuel turned up) but we prefer to be on the conservative side when it comes to driving these beasts on our public roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks