• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 with ABS Front Brake Proportioning Valve

Brogman

It's Bendix 5007510. Looking for a spare. Found one on line but it's quit high in price.
It's the one in front of the crank harmonic balancer mounted in the frame.
Some told me that there is a plastic ball in it and when the ball comes apart the failure causes all the air to dump out of the brake system.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is called a Q2 valve as well. 229505X at napa or any truck parts place. About $50. Also found on ebay or google.

Found in the parts spreadsheet sticky as well.

Last edited:

Brogman

Thanks again simp5782. Just ordered it from O Reilly. I am new to this truck so the learning curve is pretty much straight up. I have the part's sticky as well. A lot more to this than my M1009.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks again simp5782. Just ordered it from O Reilly. I am new to this truck so the learning curve is pretty much straight up. I have the part's sticky as well. A lot more to this than my M1009.
Have you downloaded the P2P program? It is in the 5 ton TM section. It helps for diagnostic as well as the locations of parts and their technical name. Being that a 5ton has so many check valves. It also helps on wiring.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I tried it but need to get it right. It didn't load right or something
WIN 10 maybe.

Yeah that happens. I hope to have it available thru google drive before too long. even though it wont be animated but itll have the same layout.