• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 with straight pipe

winstonn

JUST ASKING, IF I RUN A HIGH FLOW AIR FILTER AND STRIAGHT PIPE. WILL THERE BE ANY ISSUES RELATED TO THAT ? RICHEN FUEL ANY ADJUSTMENTS ? TRUCK IS TO QUIET ! MUFFLER IS TO RESTRICTIVE ! THANKS JOE:oops:

flashgordon

I have run a 5 inch straight for a couple of years. No issues. Just sounds great and it seemed to have decreased turbo spool up time! Just slightly.

-FLASH-

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That and do the fuel pump turn up. It really gave me some off the line power! Completely eliminates that nagging throttle delay the 8.3s I have driven all seem to have. And yeah it sounds great too!

Carlo

I have run a 5 inch straight for a couple of years. No issues. Just sounds great and it seemed to have decreased turbo spool up time! Just slightly.

-FLASH-
Is there anyone offering a bolt up kit straight stack for a M923A2? I can't find a close fit here in Italy. All to big or small.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
After seeing this post I contacted the company that did the bending for us and we worked out a deal with them to lower our price so we could offer it to our customers at a lower price, so I hope the new price will help everyone out with getting all the HP out of your trucks with out breaking the bank. We are trying to look out the best we can for the people in this hobby and offering the best price we can.
Thank You
TMG

Dfc41889

Will straight piping and turning up the fuel slightly cause any adverse affects? I was told by the guy am buying mine from tomorrow not to turn up the fuel too much because the tranny is the weak spot on these trucks. I am getting an M923A2 with a 2012 Red River rebuild and given the condition this truck is in, I wouldn't want to damage it. Any advice? Thanks!

cumminsbandit

Straight piping and turning up the fuel slightly should be fine. I wouldnt expect them to last long if its like mine in my video tho... Only a matter of time before its a real slushbox and sitting along the road somewhere. Thats where ill probably end up! lol. Then im putting a stick in it and shooting for big power! Trans seems solid yet tho, i have no faith in it.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use the power to try and do burnouts with the truck from a standstill, it won't last long. IF you use the power for smooth acceleration and power for pulling hills and cruising, it will just be a much more responsive vehicle and last just fine. I LOVE the way my truck drives nice, but I am not entering it in truck pulls trying to break parts.....

MO MV man

I eliminated my muffler and built a 4" straight pipe yesterday.
I tried to keep it as "stock looking" as possible by reusing the original upper stack, painting it flat black and using the muffler shield.

The sound is fantastic (DEEP sound and the turbo whistle reminds me of my old whistler Deuce :)) and what a great driveability improvement!

I cannot wait to turn the fuel screw. :jumpin:

Attachments

Dfc41889

I eliminated my muffler and built a 4" straight pipe yesterday.
I tried to keep it as "stock looking" as possible by reusing the original upper stack, painting it flat black and using the muffler shield.

The sound is fantastic (DEEP sound and the turbo whistle reminds me of my old whistler Deuce :)) and what a great driveability improvement!

I cannot wait to turn the fuel screw. :jumpin:
Might you be interested in making a second one for a fee? I don't want to spend $265 to get a piece of pipe that probably costs about $50 from that online source.

MO MV man

I had the tubing available, mig welder ready to go and a free Sunday afternoon.
So dropping $320+ ($265 plus shipping) would have been foolish.....FOR ME.

BUT
......for those who do not have all of that at their disposal? i.e. tubing, some bends (NOT "cheap"), possibly paying someone to weld and fab it.......?
Add all that up and the stack those guys offer isn't expensive for a bolt-in, no-brainer.

Sorry but I really wouldn't be interested in doing another.

Might you be interested in making a second one for a fee? I don't want to spend $265 to get a piece of pipe that probably costs about $50 from that online source.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks