• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Won't Stop Building Air

Navo

Hello All!

I drove the truck on Christmas Day with no problems, everything ran just fine. Today I went to go excerise her again and I noticed that the primary and secondary tanks were both reading 150+. I never even got a chance to leave :(

I'm wondering if you guys think the culprit is the compressor, governor, or air dryer.

I don't think I heard the air dryer pop at all, now that I'm thinking about it. I'm not sure of that helps or not.

Thanks for your help guys!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am betting it is the governor. The compressor is a "dumb" piece of equipment in that it just produces air pressure when "told" to do so by the governor.

Navo

Tanks were drained last time I drove it. It was colder the other day when I drove it. I think it was upper 20's. I just purchased another governor. Will be installing it in the next few minutes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search PPV or pressure protection valve.

This problem has happened to many guys and this has almost always been the issue(especially now with cold weather).

Proper air system maintenance is a must with these trucks(more so than older MV trucks).

Navo

I replaced the governor and all is working again! Now, it did warm up a lot since this morning, so tomorrow morning I will have to see. But for now, everything works as it should!

Thank you guys for you quick responses and helping me get the truck up and running again!

Andrew

Navo

So this morning I go outside and of course I'm having the same problem :( Is the PPV valve on the passenger side just before one of the air tanks? It's like a taller cylinder piece?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do your wipers work?

Have you serviced your air dryer?

Have you searched PPV on the site? There are great threads with pics and part numbers already posted.

Navo

Do your wipers work?

Have you serviced your air dryer?

Have you searched PPV on the site? There are great threads with pics and part numbers already posted.
Wipers do not work.

I have not serviced air dryer as I'm still in troubleshooting phase.

I have not searched PPV as I'm 25 miles away from a computer and I'm borrowing a phone to answer responses. I post here to get quick help as I'm sorta in a bind being here away from home with the luxury of tools and a computer. If I can be pointed to the correct part I can try and borrow tools to get it off and hopefully find one at Napa.

Thanks!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so in this situation, a torch or hairdryer can get you going for now.

I'll try to find a picture that can help you identify what you need to warm up.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Navo

Here is an update. First off let me thank you guys for helping me again! Between you guys and a gentleman I met while hunting down parts, I was able to replace my PPV valve today. BUT of course the temps were higher again by the time we got finished, so again it's working at the moment. I won't be able to work on it tomorrow. So Monday or Tuesday it should be cold enough to have same problem. If it happens again I guess it will be an air dryer replacement. I'll keep you guys posted! Thanks everyone!!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change the dryer cartage if you haven't since you got the truck. It is good preventative maintenance. Servicing kits are commercial available and will keep the truck from having all kinds of "air" problems.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any update?

Been worried sick about this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks