• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 System OPS

Cdub

steelsoldiers said:
OK! She'll be good as new now! So, what was the verdict from the engine man? Head gasket? Cracked head? Warped head? Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi Chris,

From what the mechanic said that the water in the oil could only have been caused by the liner " O " ring going bad in two of the cylinders not the head gasket....just doesn't work that way. The excessive smoke and blow by was caused by bad rings on two of the pistons. I don't believe that the liner " O " rings and piston rings were in the same cylinders or not, I hadn't asked. More of the smoke could also have be caused by the injectors dumping too much fuel into the cylinders......almost leading to a very bad burned out piston.

I couldn't see just replacing a few parts here and there and having to get back into the motor a few years down the road to do what I should have done at this point. So with that said, I decided to go with the overhaul and be done with it for as long as I own the truck.

I'm just really looking forward to getting her back where she belongs so I could start having my way with her around town picking up all my friends and going for rides.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

Hi Chris,

I just talked with the mechanic last night and he said Sharleen should be done tonight and tomorrow he's taking her out for a test ride and breaking in of the engine. I should be picking Sharleen up on Friday morning.

I just can't wait....... :D

Cheers,

Cdub

Cdub

Sharleen has arrived back home again....finally........ :D

Now it's back to the work at hand and getting her ready for the
MTA summer picnic this Saturday.......

This will be my first picnic with the MTA boys and I'll shoot many pic for all to see.

I just got a Woodland Camo Cargo Cover a couple of days ago
and I'll fit it tomorrow after I take her down for a steam cleaning.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

She drove home very well, crusing at 60-65 so my wife says (in her Honda Civic). My speedo was saying 55-60 with the RPS's at 1900.

The stearing was tight and she never wondered in the lane at all.

But.........I noticed the brakes lights staying ON..........darn...!!!
just something else to check tomorrow....anyone got any ideas...???

Cheers,

C'dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cdub said:
Check the brake light switch. Mine didn't work when I got it. It works off of air-pressure. It is hooked into an air line on the inside of the driver's frame-rail and has 2 wires coming out of it. Moisture from the air line can rust the switch in the on or off position. I couldn't source the military part so I went to Napa and they got me a Haldex civi part that works great.

Cdub

Thanks Chris, I'll check it out.......I wonder if one of the wires was disconnected during the repaires, because it was working fine when I droped it off......or I'll just tap on the air switch or replace it.....

Gona check the manuals now.......

Thanks Again,

C'dub

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Craig,your speedometer is off because the elbow gear attached the transfer case where the speedo cable attaches was designed to work with the 1100 X 20 tires. I would bet your truck was a straight M939 series and not an A1 and originally used these tires. You need to find the elbow gear that is used with the super single tires to correct for the larger tire size. I know they exist for the M809 series trucks because I have one, but I am not sure they are the same for the M939 series.

Cdub

Hi Bruce,

That could be a very good reason the speedo is off calibration because of the size of the tires. I know one of the main differences between the M925 and the A1 is the tires, but I'm basing it an A1 by the data plate in the cab. It is a little different then most I've seen. I'm just wondering if the data plate was changed along it's life time at some point....??

Cheers,

Craig

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could have been converted to an A1 from a straight M939, but, if the data plate says it is an A1, I would bet it is. You still might not have the correct elbow gear.

Cdub

BKubu said:
It could have been converted to an A1 from a straight M939, but, if the data plate says it is an A1, I would bet it is. You still might not have the correct elbow gear.
Hi Bruce,

I'm sure your right. Thanks so much for leading me in the right direction. I'm just glad she drove so well at 60-65 and I wasn't even pushing her at the least.....I really must watch my RPM's so I don't over speed the engine.

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

The Cargo cover for the ISO bed couldn't fit any better......It's just fantastic..........!!!!!!

I had a fellow MV'er Art from the North Jersey MTA Club come over and show me the ROPES.......hahahaha.......He knew exactly how to get it fitting perfectly........

I'll shoot ya some pic from the Club picnic tomorrow......

Thanks so much for the cover Bruce.

Cheers,

Craig

Cdub

steelsoldiers said:
Cdub said:
Check the brake light switch. Mine didn't work when I got it. It works off of air-pressure. It is hooked into an air line on the inside of the driver's frame-rail and has 2 wires coming out of it. Moisture from the air line can rust the switch in the on or off position. I couldn't source the military part so I went to Napa and they got me a Haldex civi part that works great.
Hey Chris,

Thanks so much for the advice.......I aired her up, turned on the park lights with battery On......I tapped on the switch and the stop lights went out....and lasted for the trip down to the steam cleaner and when I got back the stop lights were back on...Hahaha........Looks like I'll be changing the switch......Thank You.....

seya,

C'dub

Cdub

It looks like the Cab and Cargo cover issues have been resolved the the help of Bruce and Mark. Both Cab and Cargo Covers look just fantastic.........

Thanks Guys,

C'dub

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks