• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a1 Rockwell axle I.D. and locker info Please!

Purplerambler69

Can someone help me out please? Im trying to find a locking differential for my M925a1. No luck with Memphis Equipment or TNJ Murray. I called direct to Eaton and they said I needed to positively ID the axle housing. I gave them my model# which is M (I believe, hard to read) 1240rdax 2a. I also have the serial # from the axle tag: M (again I think) k85030037. I spoke to a person at Meritor and they said those axles were discontinued. The M925a1's aren't THAT old are they? My trucks serial # is C52502557. Surely somewhere in the world someone still produces parts for these axle. Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I actually just received my locked 939 series axle this AM. I can try to check on the tag number and compare it to a non locked tag. If you're thinking of buying one new, be warned, you're in for sticker shock.

The 5 ton rockwell axle is a very old axle. The 939 series used the same axle (just with brake upgrades). The M39 series trucks were first started back in 1951.

On a side note, my axle came from PA!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, just went and pulled the numbers.

My normal non-locked rear axle on my 931 chassis is:

M (looks like it I think) 1240RDAX 2A

The locked rear axle I just got has:

M (looks like it I think) 1240RDAX 3

Purplerambler69

Thank for the info Patracy! After about 9 different phone calls I finally found a pair of new Detroit Locker units. Mark at Boyce Equipment told me he thought they had 4 of them left, after the 2 I ordered. A couple guys told me that they were going to try to get Eaton to start making units again, but its definitely not for sure that they will.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks