• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a1 Rockwell axle I.D. and locker info Please!

Purplerambler69

Can someone help me out please? Im trying to find a locking differential for my M925a1. No luck with Memphis Equipment or TNJ Murray. I called direct to Eaton and they said I needed to positively ID the axle housing. I gave them my model# which is M (I believe, hard to read) 1240rdax 2a. I also have the serial # from the axle tag: M (again I think) k85030037. I spoke to a person at Meritor and they said those axles were discontinued. The M925a1's aren't THAT old are they? My trucks serial # is C52502557. Surely somewhere in the world someone still produces parts for these axle. Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I actually just received my locked 939 series axle this AM. I can try to check on the tag number and compare it to a non locked tag. If you're thinking of buying one new, be warned, you're in for sticker shock.

The 5 ton rockwell axle is a very old axle. The 939 series used the same axle (just with brake upgrades). The M39 series trucks were first started back in 1951.

On a side note, my axle came from PA!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, just went and pulled the numbers.

My normal non-locked rear axle on my 931 chassis is:

M (looks like it I think) 1240RDAX 2A

The locked rear axle I just got has:

M (looks like it I think) 1240RDAX 3

Purplerambler69

Thank for the info Patracy! After about 9 different phone calls I finally found a pair of new Detroit Locker units. Mark at Boyce Equipment told me he thought they had 4 of them left, after the 2 I ordered. A couple guys told me that they were going to try to get Eaton to start making units again, but its definitely not for sure that they will.