• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

74M35A2

I’m torn between listening to CCR or disco music when trying it.

I guess it is 5 in the basement, then 4 upstairs. Each of the upper 4 can be split in half. So, 5+4+4=13. Should only need clutch to take off, then just float through life. 500rpm drop on shift lever moves, 250rpm drops on splits if used. Should sound like an Indy car.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gathering up any intake/exhaust plumbing yet? Putting a charge air cooler in front of the radiator?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should sound like an Indy car.
When you rev the engine searching for the right rpm for the gear to slip into? I want a video of your first attempt at driving it. I’m not saying I’d be any better, no, not at all, but I just want to see the video.

Is that so wrong?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I give you a lot of crap, you know it’s mostly out of jealousy for your shiny new toy. And genetic predisposition. I just can’t help it.

Im really happy for you and your cool find with the engine and tranny (not the guy thing you met last week, I mean the 13 speed). I’m hoping everything goes smoothly for you and I want to see the swap work out. So, before someone thinks I’m being rude, it’s just a strong dry sarcastic sense of humor at work.

Carry on young Jedi. Carry on.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gathering up any intake/exhaust plumbing yet? Putting a charge air cooler in front of the radiator?
Double Stacks? Big shiny chrome double stacks about 8” in diameter?

Are you you going to stick with the standard snorkel or are you going to go with a more high speed friendly version? After all, how many times have you/will you take it swimming? If you will, ok, keep the snorkel, but I wonder how much performance is lost with this intake system?

Has anyone measured a before and after performance numbers with snorkel vs some sort of standard air intake system?

Just curious.

74M35A2

When you rev the engine searching for the right rpm for the gear to slip into? I want a video of your first attempt at driving it. I’m not saying I’d be any better, no, not at all, but I just want to see the video.

Is that so wrong?
Will do. I’ll probably have to knock out the audio, because at every gear scratchin’ shift I’m going to be yelling unappropriate unpleasantries.

74M35A2

Double Stacks? Big shiny chrome double stacks about 8” in diameter?

Are you you going to stick with the standard snorkel or are you going to go with a more high speed friendly version? After all, how many times have you/will you take it swimming? If you will, ok, keep the snorkel, but I wonder how much performance is lost with this intake system?

Has anyone measured a before and after performance numbers with snorkel vs some sort of standard air intake system?

Just curious.
I can beat Simp with the stock intake mushroom on, that’s all that matters.

74M35A2

Yes, already bought new Volvo front mount full size charge air cooler, sized for a 14L Detroit Series 60 engine. Same one 4xdesign installed, 4” connections. He did a great job. Moved radiator back 2.5”.

74M35A2

I give you a lot of crap, you know it’s mostly out of jealousy for your shiny new toy. And genetic predisposition. I just can’t help it.

Im really happy for you and your cool find with the engine and tranny (not the guy thing you met last week, I mean the 13 speed). I’m hoping everything goes smoothly for you and I want to see the swap work out. So, before someone thinks I’m being rude, it’s just a strong dry sarcastic sense of humor at work.

Carry on young Jedi. Carry on.
Don’t get soft, the weak are killed and eaten up here. We don’t have an emotions department.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright Nancy. You asked for it. You have no idea what I’m capable of. My wicked sense of humor is simply scratching at you with one claw from behind the bars of the steel cage where I keep it.

Just kidding. This is about as bad as it gets.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too much time on the SexualLobster channel... that the real reason he’s not around as much anymore!

Thanks, how disappointing to find out Captain Manlove is not a real Captain...

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will do. I’ll probably have to knock out the audio, because at every gear scratchin’ shift I’m going to be yelling unappropriate unpleasantries.
Biggest thing will be figuring out all your gear skips for you power/weight, thats one reason I was hoping you could get a few more RPM, might make bigger gear jumps a little easier.

Still need to get one of Gimpys air cleaners, I was hoping they might fit under the hood on the drivers side, pop a hole in the hood, and stuff a stack in it when you want to take it swimming.

74M35A2

Here is a 24v air solenoid that magically showed up to actuate the exhaust brake air cylinder. Will have a mushroom button switch on the shifter stalk, like the old 2 speed axle switches. Those are fun to just click up and down as you're tooling along. Rotary selector switch to pick Jake 1/2, Jake full, exhaust brake, or none. Route switch through throttle pedal idle verification switch, and all will be fail-safe. Once throttle (fuel) on, engine/exhaust brake circuit automatically de-activated.

I'm messing around with changing the fuel filter config to the dual spinner on-engine setup (QSL), so hopefully final test this weekend.

Work is drowning busy. If anybody has an engineering degree, I have an open position I am hiring for.

B27943AD-6D44-4731-833F-40338AE6207F.jpg 10A11599-AF21-4653-AB85-1F1C12300AA7.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks