• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He wants you to do his work “at work” so he can play with his mushroom button thingy at home. He doesn’t want any help installing the engine. I fear there will be some tears when the final bolt is turned. He will want to take it out and do it again.

Nah, probably not, he will want get in it and start jamming gears and yanking on his mushroom button.

74M35A2

Cummins QSL (off-road) fuel filter config adapted onto ISL. This makes all filters self contained on the engine. Fuel lines directly to tank now. First spin on filter has water drain and water sensir, trips dash ligh if water present. I’ll remove my large frame mounted water seperator/filter.

4B6AF881-068A-4981-B41F-93049B71BC42.jpg

74M35A2

Who wants some of this engine/exhaust brake switch?

B832CFB8-E7ED-4913-A355-C3CD5A1E5C75.jpg

That's what I thought. NAPA still stocks the old 2 speed rear axle switches and harness. 3 wire, so can config either way (up on or up off, etc...). I clicked it all the way home, not even connected to anything. BD Diesel makes a nice aluminum bracket to secure it to the shift rod, but they won't sell it separately from the $70 switch (of which I paid $50 @ NAPA), so, I'll just clone it. Hose clamp just isn't go to do it for me. Everybody is going to ask what the switch does. I am going to tell them all it is the ejection seat.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ill repeat it again.

I am gonna laugh when you have to pull half of that pretty crap off to put it in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Has been planned the entire time to strip the peripherals prior to install. But it makes sense to sense it up and test run it prior to install. Really not that much, and not required to, but safer if done.

You’re just jealous you don’t have a mushroom button to click.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can pick it up and put in place complete. Lift by the two furnished lifting eyes, one front exh side, the other rear pump side, and put another point on the flat pad on the pump side, front, top of the head and one of the threaded bosses on the back section of the exh manifold. Experiment with the chain lengths to get the right angle, or, use a come along on the front lift points and adjust as necessary. You gonna put the trans in with the engine?

74M35A2

I know. I don’t know why he is barking. It is a small engine into a big hole. Yes, plan to never take the trans off the engine again. Take shifter off, and away we go. I will take off the turbo, exhaust manifold, A/C compressor, alternator, starter, and all spin on filters, just in case it gets dropped, it will lessen the cost. That stuff goes back on quick, it is all clean and new.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yaaaawwwwnn!!! ..... and when does all this happen? Do we have to reach 50 pages before it gets put in the truck?

If we are lucky. So, what’s the hold up this time???

74M35A2

50 hours a week at work, and 3 hours of algebra homework per evening 6 days a week with my daughter to keep her alive in the double-advanced program she is in where the teacher is on cruise control and not teaching. 9th grade math in 7th grade, earning high school credits already. ISL became priority 1-x after school started. Hope to swap engine out on Christmas break, as most automotive companies are off between Christmas and New Year.

It is still happening and going forward though, promise! Second test run, install clutch pedal, and we’re off to the races.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...where the teacher is on cruise control and not teaching...
Ghaaa.... I’m feeling your pain!

Per my kids, their math teacher socializes all period, then gives them youtube videos on their work to watch.
Then yesterday while my daughter was having a coughing fit, he announced to the class the class that they “need to keep their sicknesses at home”!

She has Cystic Fibrosis...

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel your pain 74M. My 8th grader is in 9+ math. Teacher blew by the 9th grade already. No mercy. Tons of home work. Plus tonight I went to High School to start looking at IB vs. Cambridge options. That was a 1.5 hour ride in rush hour. Fun Fun. But all for our/their future!

74M35A2

Don't mind helping, but if I am doing all the teaching, then WTF is happening in class? I want her pay and benefits, or her replaced. Could be my daughter also, if she is screwing around, not paying attention, can't see the board but is not saying anything. We'll see, digging into it now, but life for me as a kid was guilty until I proved my own innocence, and even then waves of aftermath regardless.

Next post will be ISL second test run on 24v with mated trans on pallet, promise.....

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will have to start an education thread. We had the same teaching issue as they would hand out the weeks work on a Thursday forcing the parent to do the teaching over the weekend. I went to school on that one and they actually changed their procedures. Yes the question is the same. Is it the student or teacher. Of course both usually. I would make my son use a work caddie to document throughout the day what was assigned on the board as take home. We then had the teacher and parent sign off every day. Sucks but felt certain teachers needed the enforcement. I want my moneys worth! Heck..just got home and son still sitting at the island working on algebra, Spanish and science.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks