• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

74M35A2

Cute on rings.

I will buy the 6 speed Allison from him if it has a PTO plate on it. If not, then probably not. Motorhome trannys (3000 MH) may not have them.

74M35A2

I am picking up this ISL engine next Friday, a week from today. Don't get too excited, the motorhome engines are kind of ugly in the valve cover area. 2 piece with a breather filter box on top of it.

The pics on this link are representative of what it will look like:

http://rvchassisparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M120696/s16.pl

I am attempting to mate this to a 13 speed overdrive trans, and stuff it all in the 925a2.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Negatory Ghost Rider. You vintage is a single valve cover....they ALL are...The breather is a small one off the top

74M35A2

I'm only 50/50 with you on it Will. The engine has a "rocker box" and then a flat valve cover atop of that. The rocker box is required as an electrical wire bulkhead pass-through for the injectors, since they run the injectors centrally located between the 4 valves of each chamber. Sure, only one actual cover, but, I'm calling it a 2 piece deal bs the single piece cover on the CAPS engines. Ugly regardless.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Road trip, taking Friday off work, possibly leaving Thursday after work. Taking Colorado truck and dual axle open car trailer from MI to MS and back. Attempting to come back with the ISL, an LWS, and as many 16.00-20 XZL's as I can fit. Need 12 total for truck and trailer. Not sure I can fit all that. We're about to see what the 5.3L all aluminum LS and 4L60e is all about in this truck. Load could be as high as 7,000lbs. Rated tow is 6,000lbs, so probably OK. Stay tuned. If anybody needs anything transported on the way down, free ride. No room on way back, sorry, unless it fits inside a stack of tires.

I'm calling the catch a 9-ball upgrade package. 400hp 24 valve common rail ISL, LWS, 16.00 XZL's, and a 13 speed (already in stock). Thanks to those that are contributing to it, you know who you are, and you netted some good loot in return. Now I just need progress on a bed dump kit, rear winch, A/C, stereo, Recaro seat, and we'll have something.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Was informed ISL engine was removed from the RV today, awaiting pics. I fetch it this Friday. Bought 4 new trailer tires at lunch today to head down and get it with on my open deck car trailer, old tires had heavy side wall cracks from sun and oxygen rot. Ordered the above mentioned accelerator position sensor bracket and linkage, the needed cup/pot style flywheel, and a bunch of stuff for the 13 speed tranny I'm mating to it. Breaker breaker.....

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those 16.00's are big tires. I mean big. You can't fit as many as you think! How long is the trailer?

I have 8, with HEMTT wheels on a 16' trailer now. No room for engine and tranny I think stacking 4 tall is a bad idea. They are strapped down tight, but it still scares me. Only 60 miles to go.

74M35A2

I know, wishful thinking. I need 12 total. If I can do at least 6, then that will cover the basic truck needs. Then beg Simp to drag 6 to Findlay.

infidel got me

Road trip, taking Friday off work, possibly leaving Thursday after work. Taking Colorado truck and dual axle open car trailer from MI to MS and back. Attempting to come back with the ISL, an LWS, and as many 16.00-20 XZL's as I can fit. Need 12 total for truck and trailer. Not sure I can fit all that. We're about to see what the 5.3L all aluminum LS and 4L60e is all about in this truck. Load could be as high as 7,000lbs. Rated tow is 6,000lbs, so probably OK. Stay tuned. If anybody needs anything transported on the way down, free ride. No room on way back, sorry, unless it fits inside a stack of tires.

I'm calling the catch a 9-ball upgrade package. 400hp 24 valve common rail ISL, LWS, 16.00 XZL's, and a 13 speed (already in stock). Thanks to those that are contributing to it, you know who you are, and you netted some good loot in return. Now I just need progress on a bed dump kit, rear winch, A/C, stereo, Recaro seat, and we'll have something.
Chop chop slacker-- and how's about a back window that's been broke out for over a year now!!! The parts that you get are supposed to go on the truck....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks