• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 Power Surge

74M35A2

Negatory. Engine guy left the trans on it, so that screwed up my config. Yes, same trailer. Free to borrow it anytime if you need.

74M35A2

I screwed up posting the pics, but apparently you can see them. Trailer is an open deck car hauler. Just how it was made. I didn't complain when it was given to me for free. Make sure you guys keep up on your storage lot payments!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I screwed up posting the pics, but apparently you can see them. Trailer is an open deck car hauler. Just how it was made. I didn't complain when it was given to me for free. Make sure you guys keep up on your storage lot payments!
What did you do differently with your pictures? I think this is the first time I've been unable to view yours in Tapatalk.

74M35A2

You're fine. I hit "upload" twice, so it double posted the pics, so then I went into "manage attachments" or whatever and deleted them, but a link to nowhere is still posted. Here, I will post them correctly this time, just ignore above...

IMG_1763.jpgIMG_1762.jpgIMG_1719.jpg

74M35A2

So, my truck almost caught fire, or so it seemed anyway. When I picked up the engine, I wanted the frame mounted fuel filter because one had a WIF (water in fuel) sensor in the base of it, so you just add a dash light for it. Anyway, I put both cut off filters in the bed of my truck. 5 miles later, I'm on the freeway and smoke is coming up the outside of the rear window. I keep an eye on it, check gauges, truck running perfect, but smoke increasing quickly. Now there is so much that I can't see the trailer or out the back window at all.

As I pull over, I see the filters have drained on their side, and a good amount of diesel fuel ran to the front of the bed, down the drain holes, and directly atop of the exhaust pipe. Beauty.

74M35A2

That's still one of my favs. I'm blaming everything on that from now on.

No. The guy left the trans on the engine, and that drove me to load it differently than I planned, so tires later. I'll be busy for a while anyway with this.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Quick question, will it cause any electrical harm to the truck (m923a2) if I unplug the low air alarm buzzer? Air pressure is perfect, driven the truck over 800 miles home with it buzzing

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

74M35A2

Yes. It will cause the front of the truck to fold into a taco and push the engine into the cab when you hit a wall because the air system bled down and you didn't know so, leaving you 0% service braking ability.

These trucks are old, everything on them is failure prone. If you are annoyed at the buzzer sound while at idle with the park brake on, I get it. I put tape over mine to reduce the sound but not eliminate it. Still can hear it well when driving.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Quick question, will it cause any electrical harm to the truck (m923a2) if I unplug the low air alarm buzzer? Air pressure is perfect, driven the truck over 800 miles home with it buzzing

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top
Check your connections at your two low air pressure sensors. Add stabilent 22. Then do the same for your parking brake switch.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You should have grabbed the rims to bling out your truck! To be honest I'm surprised you don't have spinny rims to compliment the disco ball.

clint spinner.gif

tractors0130

Jump the switch wires to silence low air alarm and while at full air pressure, check air switches with ohm meter to find out if one or both are bad and replace, sometimes port on switch gets plugged up and it doesn't respond.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal on having the trans, and you do know to ditch the fan that is on the engine now, correct?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks