• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M928A1....to scrap or not to scrap...that is the question.

Csm Davis

Okay I will wade in here get or borrow an inspection camera and look in the bell housing through the bottom hole that you can put a plug in or through the access port on the side. Also will be easier to pull just the transmission if you can get a large transmission jack if not, then pull motor and all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't even know what's wrong with it yet! Have it looked at, or look at it yourself.

How much money are you willing to throw at it? That's also a factor. How much you have in it, how much farther you are willing to go. If you don't have a huge budget, sell it as is, part it and walk away, a little wiser.

Ill take the bed, just FYI if you go that route.

mcshooter79

So my time to work on military vehicles comes in waves and since I had the original problem with this truck I've added three kids to the household so all of the time that I used to have, well.........

The military made me move away from my family property where the truck is parked so I just haven't had a chance to get at it. I was going to go last March and then COVID happened.

I did at least built a pole barn just to keep the leaves and rain off of it.

I will get at it again some day and I will post an update. I appreciate all of the advice that I have gotten from you guys on this site.KIMG0253.JPGKIMG0256.JPG

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your shelter. I'm working on some ideas for one to cover my truck. We are at 4300 feet in elevation, and the sun just ruins a good paint job in no time. Good Luck, and keep us posted.

71DeuceAK

Mcshooter79, I commend you for not giving up on her- I myself have an M928A1 that doesn't run, but it's in much worse shape. At this point, it's likely to become a parts truck or get sold to be the down payment on a house, though.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So my time to work on military vehicles comes in waves and since I had the original problem with this truck I've added three kids to the household so all of the time that I used to have, well.........

The military made me move away from my family property where the truck is parked so I just haven't had a chance to get at it. I was going to go last March and then COVID happened.

I did at least built a pole barn just to keep the leaves and rain off of it.

I will get at it again some day and I will post an update. I appreciate all of the advice that I have gotten from you guys on this site.View attachment 811591View attachment 811592
Definitely a very nice barn to store your trucks in... Not a lot of working room around them - but that wasn't the purpose it was built for - right? I read all four pages here and was hoping as I got toward the end that we might learn what happened. Family first, but inquiring minds want to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks