• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931/32 2 inch receiver hitch

rrrr

I'm not interested in relocating lights. I don't mind drilling holes in the rear crossmember. I also would think that maybe welding the unit directly to the pintle mount would aid in strength. The flat plate that mounts to the rear crossmember just needs to be more narrow. Perhaps use 3/4 plate and narrow the mounting plate would all that would be needed.

Attachments

Last edited:
M

MolonLabe2014

what length receiver tube will work with this setup? im interested.

goldneagle

I'm not interested in relocating lights. I don't mind drilling holes in the rear crossmember. I also would think that maybe welding the unit directly to the pintle mount would aid in strength. The flat plate that mounts to the rear crossmember just needs to be more narrow. Perhaps use 3/4 plate and narrow the mounting plate would all that would be needed.
Removed due to wrong thread.

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Would it be possible to buy the kit as flat plate and let us weld it together and install our own receiver tube... it might make it easier to ship and remove any liability from the manufacture for it being sold as a Kit??? I like the design and would be interested price was right and if shipping wouldn't kill me.

goldneagle

Would it be possible to buy the kit as flat plate and let us weld it together and install our own receiver tube... it might make it easier to ship and remove any liability from the manufacture for it being sold as a Kit??? I like the design and would be interested price was right and if shipping wouldn't kill me.
No longer available.

Last edited:

rrrr

You are willing to weld a heavy plate to the cast Pintle Mount, but not to attach a simple bracket for supporting the lights. I am sure you will find someone willing to do it your way. It will not help our cost discount to have 1 custom one made just for you. Our discount is based on duplicate pieces being ordered.

There is also a liability factor for altering the original design and application. Our hitch assembly is designed to bolt on using grade 5 or grade 8 half inch bolts.

This thread is titled hitch for 931/932 because of their unique mounting requirements. It might be better if you start another thread for the cargo trucks.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, M35A2-AZ. Where did you get the adjustable draw bar? How many inches does it drop? Thanks. Also do you know what it's rated for?
I got it from a trailer supply place here in town. I think it drops in down 10". Also it is rated for 12k.

PaFarmer

Any progress on developing a bolt on receiver hitch for a m931?. I may end up bolting a section of m105 trailer frame with the pintle on the top of my civilian trailer and just run the pintle hitch.

tm america

i got the design all worked out just need a few more measurements..Which i should be getting in the very near future.. It is gonna mount in a very similar way as my m35 rear hitch ..i should have then in production in the next week or so

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks