• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 highway speeds?

flibob

I think the 40 MPH was an ABS thing. Lots of search info on the subject. Good info even with the ABS. When it doesn't test right how fast should you drive and why. I digress. Sorry.:deadhorse:

Gunner0311

Highway speeds

My M52A2 tops out at 50 mph, with my foot to the floor! You guys seem like speed demons!

The old girl might do a little faster when I switch from the 1100x20 NDCC tires to
the G177 tires I purchased...2cents

Csm Davis

Okay I feel I need to put in my two cents as I may have driven more tractor miles in different MV tractors than anybody here, to back that I have been in them since before I could walk and started driving them about eight so about 35 years behind the wheel and probably over 1500 different MV tractors and five years of OTR civilian, okay I have 931 & 932 and not long ago sold my last 818 yes you can run up to around 70 without a load but I don't recommend doing so unless you don't care for life and the truck. Tractors get real bent out of shape real quick if you hit a small bump it will lift the rear tires a foot or more off the ground and it will not come down straight with the road, it is not a good time. The same small bump in a mini Van or cargo truck will barely be felt. These tractors are made to tote a trailer on the fifth wheel and ride correctly, in my opinion 55 max unloaded on real good roads less if bumpy, with a load or even a empty trailer faster is not much of a problem, with proper tires and all the rest of the issues there are I just wouldn't run more than 65 max in any of the 939 or 809 series trucks. Can it be done? Sure but at what cost? You can buy new tires that will hold up, but who amongst us is going to be able to swing 6000.00 for a brand new set and then probably 2000.00 or more to go through your trucks front to rear to get it back up to %100? Don't get me wrong I want to keep up on the hwy also but safely. 2cents

quickfarms

I think 2,000 is very low to go through the truck and due a complete service including cleaning the fuel tank replacing the axle seals and all of the brake springs.

You forgot to mention the fun of hitting brakes in the rain with a bobtail.

jdmep

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks