• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A1 ? about plug in the bottom of bell housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tototex

I am no mechanic but I know the parts that Iv'e worked on. I haven't had to touch anything behind the motor aside from changing out the fluids over a year ago now.

I read the TMs regarding the engine and changed the head gaskets myself. She ran better than ever until my injection pump broke. Now I am swapping out the injection pump and doing the timing.

As is everyone, I am a busy man. I dont plan on reading the TMs on parts that aren't broke until there are parts that aren't broke... :)

When I saw a plug missing, I figured I better ask. Much quicker to get a reply from you guys than try and locate that plug in a TM.

Maybe one day I'll have gone through all the TMs for my truck and I will be the expert to answer all the questions on here.

Thanks for the quick response guys

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, It is the transmission. Just don't stick your finger in there while running, "thingy" spinning real fast... lol

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How often is it wrong?

Specifically in this case?

A quick look at the operators manual or the parts manual would have found the answer(the CORRECT ANSWER).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
IF a mv truck owner DOES NOT have time to READ the -10 (operators manual) and goes on the SITE to ask a DUMB question like this (what is the threaded hole in the bell housing for and do I need to plug it)that IS in the -10, the owner gets this, this SITE goes out of the way to HELP when the owner tries to help themselves FIRST, "I do not have time to learn (read the -10)" will NOT get much here, the members have better things to do like helping other members that ARE trying to learn.

This message was approved by a KGR with GREAT resistance from a NOT KGR.

86m1028

How often is it wrong?

Specifically in this case?

A quick look at the operators manual or the parts manual would have found the answer(the CORRECT ANSWER).
Not in this case BUT I can point out errors in the parts tm on the IP for the A2's.

Yes the TM's are very informative, BUT they aren't the Bible !

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are the best "bible" we have, unless you can tell me of a better source.

Smckerigan

Some of the old heads (dog head )on this forum are rude and make comments about read the tm, people are just asking a question about something. So for some people on here you might think you are funny buy doing this. If you don't have anything helpful to say please keep you dumb a$$ shut

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rude? please PM me(no more thread hijacking) what I said that is "rude".

Calling people names or arguing in the forums will earn you an infraction.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And he got it!

Everyone has there own way of helping.

I guess I missed your "helpful" reply to him.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the old heads (dog head )on this forum are rude and make comments about read the tm, people are just asking a question about something. So for some people on here you might think you are funny buy doing this. If you don't have anything helpful to say please keep you dumb a$$ shut
My $.02: He went to a thread about the particular question, which HAD been answered quite thoroughly, and apparently without even reading the info that was already here, asked the same question again. On the same thread. That is the reason others get pissy about it. Not just asking the question.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
My $.02: He went to a thread about the particular question, which HAD been answered quite thoroughly, and apparently without even reading the info that was already here, asked the same question again. On the same thread. That is the reason others get pissy about it. Not just asking the question.
Actually he started a new thread which was then merged into this thread after my reply.

Tototex

I love this site. I couldn't have done half the work I've done on my truck without it. Everyone on here is amazing. Regardless if you post a helpful response in this particular thread or not, you are all taking the time to read and help others in various threads. You all share a passion of MVs. Its okay to have differing opinions on things.

A question might seem simple or dumb to you, but that really doesn't mean its a bad question. As a computer tech I used to get really annoyed when people asked simple or dumb questions. Things that I thought should be common sense. Once you wrap your head around that fact that most people do not work with computers for a living or share my passion in them the questions make a lot more sense.

Your all members of a rare and dying breed of MV lovers. Belittling each other is just going to result in shrinking our already small community. Keep in mind that most people posting these "dumb" questions will be newbies to the community or not mechanically inclined. Answering "Its in the TM" isn't going to encourage them to stay. At the very least, point them to a TM to read.

As mentioned before, if you dont have something helpful or nice to say, it would be better to not say anything at all.

I am thankful for the answers I get on this site. You guys are what makes this site valuable.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well said, don't let a couple of post discourage you. And, at least you didn't admit to sticking your finger in the hole, like someone else. They tore that poor guy apart

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not discouraged, but thanks for the thought.

This site would not be what it is, without me. :doghead:

Meet me in person at the next big MV show near you, I'll be handing out cash, candy, and direct answers! I'll be standing next to the big red dumpster full of Technical Manuals.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should my flywheel housing have a plug here?

On my M813 there is currently no plug as shown, but is this hole supposed to be open or does it need a plug?

Is this just an inspection hole?
20180128_152428.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I can't remember the last time I saw that question asked. (No really, it's been a while.)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks