• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A1 carrying capacity.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey, so I am not getting this bridge formula. Sorry, but can u explain what it is figurin?
That is the DOT here in the US for Weight distribution on trucks. It has it for semi trucks as well.

The allison will hold up to it not being rough.

I got 30k mi ea out of 2 allisons i had in the 923 towing with the NHC250. I got 280k out of the CAT 7155 berfore i messed it up doing a repair.

That is the DOT here in the US for Weight distribution on trucks. It has it for semi trucks as well.

The allison will hold up to it not being rough.

I got 30k mi ea out of 2 allisons i had in the 923 towing with the NHC250. I got 280k out of the CAT 7155 berfore i messed it up doing a repair.
I will have to look at it again, that bridge formula. Most of my hauling is not terribly hard on the equipment. Pit to field, 15 minute turn arounds and sitting at pit loading for two minutes. It's the odd time when you got loose soil and get bogged down or hilly fields when you can't pin it but don't want to lose speed. (speed = 5-8 mph). I am thinking if I go with this 931, i'll leave the 250 in for a year and see again. I can always drop a 350 small cam or 400 big cam in then. Thanks for the input. I can see the cat going farther bc it's actually a manual trans. I run a 13 spd single over in my rig now with an 18:1 final drive planetary axle. Max speed: 45 km/hr. :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So are you selling that or something?
I will sell anything I have. I was gonna put it in my 923 but i went a different direction.

Its brand new actually for 2500.

It will work. You have to remove the factory x brace in the middle frame and use the one on the bogie. Frame width is the same

You have to locate a 5.55 top loader which isnt hard to find to put in the front axle. The rbu is a 5.57 ratio.

I have a thread on what all it would take.

It actually has more spaceing between the axles for larger tires which moves the rear axle rearward 4 or 5 inches.

I will sell anything I have. I was gonna put it in my 923 but i went a different direction.

Its brand new actually for 2500.

It will work. You have to remove the factory x brace in the middle frame and use the one on the bogie. Frame width is the same

You have to locate a 5.55 top loader which isnt hard to find to put in the front axle. The rbu is a 5.57 ratio.

I have a thread on what all it would take.

It actually has more spaceing between the axles for larger tires which moves the rear axle rearward 4 or 5 inches.
Do you have the tandem front steers as well?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Do you have the tandem front steers as well?
No. Only 1 axle on the front of an MK48 steers. The other is a solid. On the M977 HEMTT variants both steers turn. But not on a MK48. The Mk48 has a weird steering setup on their steer as well.

I have only ever seen 1 steer available for a mk48. A 5.55 ratio in the toploader is common and drops right in. The 5 ton axle and springs is more than enough to handle the front weight.

No. Only 1 axle on the front of an MK48 steers. The other is a solid. On the M977 HEMTT variants both steers turn. But not on a MK48. The Mk48 has a weird steering setup on their steer as well.

I have only ever seen 1 steer available for a mk48. A 5.55 ratio in the toploader is common and drops right in. The 5 ton axle and springs is more than enough to handle the front weight.
Ok, well I should explain why I am asking. I have an 8.3 cummins turbo, Allison setup on chassis. It is a firetruck I picked up a while back. My original plan was to build everything under this chassis with A4000 series planetary axles. They are getting harder to come by, so plan b was this 931 or something similar. Anyways, that's why I asked, bc if I pick up 3 or four axles, I can still build similar to original plan. Like I said earlier, i am open to options. So you don't have any steers to match, if I understand correctly? Thx

Ok, well I should explain why I am asking. I have an 8.3 cummins turbo, Allison setup on chassis. It is a firetruck I picked up a while back. My original plan was to build everything under this chassis with A4000 series planetary axles. They are getting harder to come by, so plan b was this 931 or something similar. Anyways, that's why I asked, bc if I pick up 3 or four axles, I can still build similar to original plan. Like I said earlier, i am open to options. So you don't have any steers to match, if I understand correctly? Thx
btw then, is the mk48 articulating? (front front steer, rear front solid, articulation, rear tandems?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No steer to match. The MK48 steers are hens teeth. I have only seen 1 for auction. You would be easier to find a steer with a near identical ratio

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
btw then, is the mk48 articulating? (front front steer, rear front solid, articulation, rear tandems?
Or should I say, is the mk48 coupled to it's "trailer" with an articulating joint? And does the mk48 drive the rear "trailer". I don't know if I got this right...
Yes front steering only. Articulation middle. Rear units are called Rear body units [RBU] have several models for different duties

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Aren't the five tons a 6.44 ratio?
Yes. However there are top loader 3rd members that are 5.55 ratio which is a close enough ratio to install in the front axle for it to be used with the 5.57 ratio rear axle of the Mk48. The 3rd members drop right into the 5 ton axle housing.

Yes. However there are top loader 3rd members that are 5.55 ratio which is a close enough ratio to install in the front axle for it to be used with the 5.57 ratio rear axle of the Mk48. The 3rd members drop right into the 5 ton axle housing.
So, I like that both those axles have air diff locks. If I were to go that route, I would only use the front of those rears though, at least on this project, as I need the rear rear to steer, so I would need at least two steers as well. I suppose shipping to the west coast of Canada would not be cheap? Have you shipped stuff up this way?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks