• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 recovery

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck guys! Too bad I wasn't able to get one too, would have been good to do a double recovery!

I know I'm also a long ways away, but anything I can do to help, let me know.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you the best in your recovery. You have bigger beans than I do. That truck looks like it has been sitting for a while, like most of those trucks down there. I'd be worried about driving a truck that has been sitting on a several hundred mile shake down run...the first real trip it has had in a while. Still, she'll most likely make it. Again, good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, Mahala, is this truck yours or Daniel's? Next question, if you can get it ready will it make it to the rally in Oct? I'd like to say one day that my M108 would go but right now it's nothing more than a yard truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So, Mahala, is this truck yours or Daniel's? Next question, if you can get it ready will it make it to the rally in Oct? I'd like to say one day that my M108 would go but right now it's nothing more than a yard truck.
Think it is HERS because in post #17 Mahala called the 936 "SHE", what guy would call a wrecker SHE

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron,
All machines are 'of the female type'

-They can be troublesome with no understandable (by man) reasons why it won't work.
-They can do amazing things if treated right
-They can run just fine one day but be totally different the next
-Some have the potential to wipe mankind from the face of the earth but without most we wouldn't be here today.

Plus many other reasons.

All of my equipment have girl's names.

And she's the wife, everything is her's anyway!!!! lol

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ron,
all machines are 'of the female type'

-they can be troublesome with no understandable (by man) reasons why it won't work.
-they can do amazing things if treated right
-they can run just fine one day but be totally different the next
-some have the potential to wipe mankind from the face of the earth but without most we wouldn't be here today.

Plus many other reasons.

All of my equipment have girl's names.

And she's the wife, everything is her's anyway!!!! Lol
so true

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I chose that route as I have driven it, and it was a good road. Sometimes google maps can take you places that 5 tons are not designed to go- even if it is covered in asphalt.:mrgreen:

mdmorganwife

It is our wrecker. We are going to try and take it to the rally :). . Probably hook one deuce up and drive the other towing the 109. Can't wait

Csm Davis

They aren't flying totally blind here I have driven it a coup times and looked it over pretty good other than a good oil leak on the front and a real big leak in the hydrololic system it runs good.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What will be your ETA at Columbus going and coming? I plan on heading down there saturday.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Made it to Csm davis's compound, looked the truck over, everything looks to be in good enough working order to get home. Test drove it out to dinner to a local chinese food place, drives good. We are now camping, literally, on his driveway. Going to get a few parts together in the morning then head for home.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks