• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 transmission stuck in reverse.

Miswesttowman

Using my wrecker in the local demolition derby. After lifting a car off the barrier I went to shift into drive and I went backwards right into the car I just recovered and he got stuck on my hitch. Regardless what position the shifter is in, even nuetral, the truck goes backwards only. Shift cable and shift arm are moving properly. Is this an "easy" fix or is the transmission FUBAR?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Mine has done the same thing...what did you find out? is it fixed?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine has done the same thing...what did you find out? is it fixed?
He ended up swapping in the transmission i sent him

I have another good used take out if needed.

Manual can be purchased for cheap on eBay. Has a full trifold section for diagnostic needs

Miswesttowman

He ended up swapping in the transmission i sent him

I have another good used take out if needed.

Manual can be purchased for cheap on eBay. Has a full trifold section for diagnostic needs

Well that sucks...bought the truck and used it one time. Not sure I have the equipment needed to work on this huge machine. They didnt build a 5 ton truck very robustly...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well that sucks...bought the truck and used it one time. Not sure I have the equipment needed to work on this huge machine. They didnt build a 5 ton truck very robustly...
You also Don't know the trucks history prior to you buying it, could have been abused.

M939s are fairly reliable. I have put em thru all types of abuse and usage than nearly anyone on this forum. Generally only get 30k miles from the Allison if it's being used in constant towing capacity.

Miswesttowman

You also Don't know the trucks history prior to you buying it, could have been abused.

M939s are fairly reliable. I have put em thru all types of abuse and usage than nearly anyone on this forum. Generally only get 30k miles from the Allison if it's being used in constant towing capacity.
We we got 12k out of this one. Looks like were going to need another. Got a good one laying around?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We we got 12k out of this one. Looks like were going to need another. Got a good one laying around?
There are 2 different types of transmission setups Depending on what engine you have. The torque converter ratio and front pump vary between the 8.3 and NHC250. which engine do you have?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks