• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936a2 need Advise

frogman2

Thanx again for all the input,already using the E. cable as solenoid was mia when acquired and just trying to have everything as original as possible,plans for use are changing and I have already listed in the FS forum,if anyone has any interest.

Csm Davis

Frogman hope you ate your Wheaties those 16.00 weigh in at around 650 lbs on 939 combat rims and 800 lbs on hemmet rims. They look cool but I can't see myself changing one by myself and I have put a 14.00 up on the back deck of a wrecker by hand, no boom.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frogman hope you ate your Wheaties those 16.00 weigh in at around 650 lbs on 939 combat rims and 800 lbs on hemmet rims. They look cool but I can't see myself changing one by myself and I have put a 14.00 up on the back deck of a wrecker by hand, no boom.
I think I dropped a nut just reading that:(

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have had the 1600s I didnt think they were that heavy. The wrecker is more stable on duals than singles I think it would be unsafe on 1600s the center of gravity would just be too high.

SLOrazorsedge

I have 14R20's on my M936A1 wrecker. As for driving it is a pleasure but on the hills bogs down pretty slooooww...the 14's are 49" tall and the stock 11R20's are 42" tall. Mine will go anywhere off-road and I don't worry about debris sticking between duals. The 395's are 46" tall and probably a fair compromise. I've got 7 of the 395's NOS stashed in combat wheels waiting for my 14's Michelin XL's to wear out. Go with the 395R20 Michelin XZL's all around, you won't be disappointed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks