• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 recovery Hattiesburg,Ms to N.E. Ohio

Monkeyboyarmy

Wooooohhooooo! Made it home. Safe and sound....until the wife sees what her car looks like. Can't thank Jeff enough. Couldn't have done it without him . More to come. Me need sleepy.

Monkeyboyarmy

I'm up! But have lots of post recovery blues to deal with. I'll get pics of the alt mount.

Wreckerman. Wish we could have got together. Just never enough time. Hope the Mrs. is OK. BTW, I missed the 59/65 split and started up the east side of Birmingham. Had the front end of the wrecker bouncing of the ground from the dips. Im sure you know what i mean.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hey I bet I could get a horse for trade. Hope the wife is getting better.
I'll give you a real deal on three hayburners.

Wreckerman. Wish we could have got together. Just never enough time. Hope the Mrs. is OK. BTW, I missed the 59/65 split and started up the east side of Birmingham. Had the front end of the wrecker bouncing of the ground from the dips. Im sure you know what i mean.
Yep...to not have frost heave to contend with we seem to have a problem building concrete roads. It is written into the Interstate Highway Act that a certain amount of interstate mileage has to be concrete (ya think the concrete industry had a lobby back then?) and that road has been rebuilt three times in my lifetime. They should make road contractors give a warranty on what they build.

Load your a$$ up and come to the GA Rally in Oct.....just follow Doghead.......he knows the way.

Monkeyboyarmy

Got any pics of the Alt issue?
So the alternator problem had to do with the way the mount was bolted to the engine. It is supposed to have 4 bolts holding it in place. Someone had moved the mount down so that there were only 2 holes being used. Jeff noticed it earlier but I just never did anything with it as I was worried about other more important things. During an oil level check, I noticed that 1 bolt was gone and the other was loose. Just had to run to a hardware store to get some metric bolts to put it in it's proper place.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks