• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 air filter modification question.

Ddmk18

I have a m931a2 but I am putting the winch and hydraulics on it. I have a 25 gallon tank I want to mount where the stock air box is. Has anyone used either of these k&n filters? I was going to mount it behind the hard top.

Attachments

Hawssie

No but they look like they would work great. Not bad price either. Should help with the CFM too. I didn't realize these were available. Would be perfect for us. The bright and chromie guys wouldn't like them.

FullSpecial

I have a m931a2 but I am putting the winch and hydraulics on it. I have a 25 gallon tank I want to mount where the stock air box is. Has anyone used either of these k&n filters? I was going to mount it behind the hard top.
Oh does that come under "Note to Self".

Ddmk18

I couldn't find it either. I am going to call them and find out. I was hoping maybe someone had used one for something and would have had some feedback on it.

MO MV man

I have a pdf file from Donaldson filters listing a SEA of diesel engines and their airflow requirements.
They list the Cummins 6CTA8.3 as 632cfm.
Their rating is for 250hp at 2500 rpms so I'm sure a slightly lower airflow would suffice (none of us do that sort of rpm).

I just looked up a couple of the cross-referenced options (WIX 46755 and Donaldson P537453) and they both rate their versions at 840 cfm!! HOLY smokes!
They are both a LOT cheaper, too. ;)

Last edited:

Ddmk18

Ok thank you. I just talked to the folks at K&N they were extremely helpful. They actually flowed them to check the cfm for me, the ones I have listed flowed in the 600-650 range. But she told me that with 8.3L cummins turning 2500 rpm and 30lbs of boost I would need around 1200 cfm, so they flowed there larger series filter setup 38-2000s and said it would flow 1200cfm and have no restriction for my application.

Hawssie

I figured if its K&N and there marketing to Big truck market there product better flow enough for a lowly 8.3L when the average over the road truck uses 12-15 liter engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks