• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Lightweight Weapons Station question.

32degrees

I was wondering if anybody had any information on the M939 trucks lightweight weapons station. Such as its specs and is it basically the same ring as the one used on the Humvee. I would also appreciate in photos if possible. Thanks!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about a ring mount kit for the M939 series trucks? If so, I've been looking for one for a long time.

Attachments

dabtl

I think they used the M66 ring and common mounting legs with the deuce. The difference is the mounting plates on the legs are different for the five ton.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Arab truck in pic 2 looks like an AM715 with a Unimog bed. Anyone know anything about that vehicle?

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be a Kia, or... A little research shows that the AM715/AM720 were exported to Israel, Egypt and "other Middle East customers". Came in several different wheelbases. Lots of Mogs over there too, maybe someone switched beds on one.
I like the older style M715 better.

Okay, enough thread hijacking, back to the topic under discussion.

Cheers

Attachments

32degrees

BKubu in the photos, that appears to be the M66 ring mounted to the trucks. According to what information I have found those are not supposed to go on the M939 series of truck. They say it will damage the cab on the truck but most photos of M939s have the M66 fitted and it seems to work quite well from what I see. The Lightweight Weapons Station was designed for the M939 series of truck but I have also seen them on M35A3s. The basic layout of the LWS looks to be a 4ft by 4ft plate with a Humvee ring placed in the middle. It is held up by two beams one in the back and one in the front. They bolt onto the corners of the cab and you can also store two boxes of ammo for the M2 on the front beam. I know that the M66 ring is heavy about 350lbs but what does the LWS come in at. Also, if this is basically a Humvee ring can the Humvee gunners armor kit be put on and can one of those automated ring rotation devices be put in place.

emr

I would think in hobby hands the m66 would do just fine, its not going to be firing and racing thru the desert, just my thoughts, and no one but us will ever know the difference, and not even all of us for sure... :) good luck, i sure can see the want to have the correct one though, I would if i wanted one... but would probably take what i could get.... good luck !!!

jwaller

you can have mine for 1500. I'm not planning on keeping my 939a2 much longer anyway. might even throw in a new upa with it