• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944-A1 almost finished

Fastfunco

This has been a long long project and you guys have helped alot. Just wanted to say thank you very much and I have 1 more question-
On top of the hood are 2 latches- what belongs on top of the hood that these would fasten down?

I will post final pictures in a couple days once its out of my shop - in the sun for the first time- shop light prohibit me getting pictures that are any good- IMG_3661.jpgIMG_3647.jpgIMG_3619.jpg

obviously these are of my 925 i just added M66 ring and Ma Duece- this one is a dummy!!
thought i would post while im waiting for files to download- this M925-A2 had a frame off restoration by the military in 2011- everything is brand new except the frame - the plate on the 8.3 turbo reads 11-2011
I did not like the mounts that came with the ring- so I made a 4 post mount that slips on and off with a forklift- thought that would be alot easier to swap guns and ammo cans- as well as be alot stronger -- it holds 10 cans of ammo

here is the 944- its all original - only had 500 miles on it when i bought it - mill- lathe- press- Mig, Tig, Plasma, generator, air compressor- all run off the PTO or shore power!!

OH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU-- I FOUND THE CANVASES THAT MAKE UP THE OUTER TENT WHEN THE SHOP DOORS ARE OPEN-- ALL OF THEM- IN A TRAILER VERSION OF THIS SHOP TRUCK- ALL FOLDED AND IN THE COMPARTMENT - UNDISTURBED SINCE THE DAY THEY BUILT THE TRAILER IN 86- WHAT A HUGE FIND- I HAD BEEN SEARCHING COAST TO COAST FOR 3 YEARS!!!

so I will set up the shop as it was intended for the final pictures before we take her out and drive the ---- out of it!!

sure would like to get whatever belongs on the hood- you can see the brackets in the picture- attached thumbnail-

thanks again to all who helped me-- i really do appreciate you guys and this site!!!

.IMG_3716.jpgIMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3720.jpgIMG_3724.jpgIMG_3725.jpg

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been told they are to secure the windshield in the down position. Very nice pics! Great paint job on the shop van! I'd give my left you know what for a gun ring.... Very cool!

Last edited:

Fastfunco

thanks again you guys!!

I will post a full set of pictures as soon as possible-- its not quite done- but very close- we are currently working on loading with our tools and supplies and finishing the hood- trim and rubber seals to keep dust out-- but i will not forget to post i promise!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks