• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 pics

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can lift 2500 pounds out to 19 feet and 4500 pounds at 9 feet out. It will run down the highway at 65+ mph, but I don't run it over 57 mph or so. I believe GVW is 64000 (although it is higher if you consider the towed load).

jeli

It feels like you're driving a Greyhound bus. We had to use our M977 to pull a M123 and dozer. The M870? trailer had a D7 on it. The 10 ton winch was broken so we dug out under the tongue with a loader. After I hooked to the trailer with the 10 ton I didn't have the power nor traction to move it. All three trailer axles were locked in ice. The M977 made short worj of the job. Turns out in my haste I forgot to charge the trailer brakes so it drug a 10 ton, trailer, and dozer with locked trailer brakes, tires froze to the ground and a telephone pole in front of the trailer axle. I was very suprized the two 3/8 chains held.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some where on the Internet, there used to be (or possibly still is) a site that a guy in the military created. It showed him during various deployments. One in particular showed two HEMTT wreckers dragging a loaded tractor trailer up an icy mountain with all of its brakes locked up. Man, those were some impressive pictures. If I can find the site, I'll post it here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks