• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 pics

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can lift 2500 pounds out to 19 feet and 4500 pounds at 9 feet out. It will run down the highway at 65+ mph, but I don't run it over 57 mph or so. I believe GVW is 64000 (although it is higher if you consider the towed load).

jeli

It feels like you're driving a Greyhound bus. We had to use our M977 to pull a M123 and dozer. The M870? trailer had a D7 on it. The 10 ton winch was broken so we dug out under the tongue with a loader. After I hooked to the trailer with the 10 ton I didn't have the power nor traction to move it. All three trailer axles were locked in ice. The M977 made short worj of the job. Turns out in my haste I forgot to charge the trailer brakes so it drug a 10 ton, trailer, and dozer with locked trailer brakes, tires froze to the ground and a telephone pole in front of the trailer axle. I was very suprized the two 3/8 chains held.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some where on the Internet, there used to be (or possibly still is) a site that a guy in the military created. It showed him during various deployments. One in particular showed two HEMTT wreckers dragging a loaded tractor trailer up an icy mountain with all of its brakes locked up. Man, those were some impressive pictures. If I can find the site, I'll post it here.