• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M985 Recovery and Restoration

paradeduty

Well, the M985 is home from its trip from GA to MI. She starts and runs great. Tires look very good (no age/sun cracking). As thought, already has the 2-piece HEMTT rims. Just going to need a lot of TLC, some sand blasting and paint. The guys at Jackson Truck Service are going to give her a thorough going through (brakes, air system, hydraulic system, coolant temp capacity, oil and filter change, etc.). From the looks of it, this one is going to need new lines on the material crane, too. Some pictures for those inquiring minds! Dave.

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is the story? GA to Michigan is a good road trip. The pictures did not get posted.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG you bought my truck :( Why did you keep bidding after my bid of 10K??? lol This looked like a nice win.

Thank goodness for good rubber, I would hate to have to buy a new set of these tires.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:

paradeduty

Pure luck on the tires and rims. The ones on the M984E1 wrecker are getting replaced. Already have the new 2-piece rims and new Goodyear 1600's - was told that the Goodyears take the pavement a little better than the Michelins.

Hey Derrick - you might have a little better luck asking my wife if SHE is getting tired of looking at the green iron! Talk about an angel!

Got to tell you guys, the trucker I had was awesome. Just a really nice and professional guy. Seemed really reasonable, too. Brian at B & R Trucking out of Flint, MI. He goes all over and you can definitely do worse.

Now to get it ready for the TACOM show (4 months and counting! who needs sleep!).

Take Care, Dave.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might have miscounted, but I think this is his third...PLS, M985, and M984. If so, WOW and where did you get the money! :lol:

Hoefler

I bid on that one! Stopped at the 25K mark-watched the high bid as the clock ticked down. It was agonizing to let her go. Glad she has a good home.
Pete

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the win that I dont know what your plans are for it but you sure have a beautiful start and have not touched it yet WOW, GREAT truck beyond words!!!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks