• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 HMMWV Rebuild/Repair Alexandria, VA

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning I decided to modify my rear curtain to roll up tighter.
This involved cutting out the lumpy parts at the bottom corners where the seat belt mounts are. I then sewed Velcro in so they could be reattached when wanted.
I want to have the rear curtain in the event I remove my soft slant back for something, and want to seal up. It now rolls up much tighter and stows out of the field of vision.
Here is the soft slant back thread for those interested https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...4-man-Soft-Slant-Back-Feedback-and-Discussion

And a few pics of the mods to the curtain

Bulldogger

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bulldogger, you are terrific when it comes to sewing canvas. I just saw this thread and saw you made some soft half doors. I like them! Want to make me 2?
Thanks for the compliments!
I'm checking with my previous source for surplus door frames. I'll PM you once I can confirm I can get salvageable frames to start with, and we can take it from there.

Bulldogger

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had time this week to work on my steering. Got all 4 tie rod ends replaced along with the drag link (center link) and both the pitman and idler arms. I made an effort to match the overall length of each rebuilt tie rod with its as-removed length and it seems to have worked since I took her up to 60mph with no wobble.

We will make plans to attend the Graves Mountain trail maintenance camp out over the 4th.

Shoutout to TheCaptan for helping with the arms and drag link install. We did his arms a few months ago and I decided then I’d use the same parts if I needed to do mine. Got the pitman and idler arms from David at Hummer Parts Guy. Very helpful fella.

A few poor pics of the results.
Bulldogger

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks