• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 rear bumper with tire options

BLK HMMWV

Don't feel bad. Mine had them on it when I got it.
My HMMWV came from the first auction back in the 90's.
I think the same guy that bought a bunch of HMMWV's if not the Auction house stuck them on a lot of trucks.
I drove around on them for years. Mostly just city driving. A bit of Highway and a few trips out to the local desert for some MV camping events.
I just ended up giving them to a young kid in the Marines out here in Calif. they still looked new .
They were defiantly noisy but then like you said I was pretty deaf from all the other noises the truck was making.

Just keep an eye on them.
Have fun and stay safe

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks BLK HMMWV, I feel better now, o know that they arent the best , but still a pretty good tire, specialy for civilian use, I would understand the military requirements for the OEM tires if the Humvve was fully loaded.
Like I said not a big deal, the SS radial is still a better tire than the bias ply

At least they will hear me coming LOL

NormB

A little off the main topic question: does the airlift bumper still allow use of the pioneer tool rack underneath?

A reference to the right manual for this would be appreciated if you know it off the top of your head.

Thanks.

jake-cutter

Yes you can still use the Pioneer tray with the airlift bumper. Mounts up the same if it has the angled brackets. If not, the angled brackets are part numbers 5583234 and 5583235 available from Kascar.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but requires different brackets (kascar) for the tray than the non bumper tray that are angled for the clasp catches. See my thread for pictures and part numbers. Juan's m998

The clasps now hook to the inner bumper braces for the airlift. Slightly different.

The bracket on the frame cross member is the same.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the steel for the bumper this week. $100. I did a parts estimate on a Rhino clone (which I do not like) therefore, I am going with a winch.

All in for $250 + my labor. As for pricing on the Air lift, you make a choice. You go original and pay (after extensive searching) or you make up your mind to fabricate something very similar.

In it to win it or not. I know money doesn't fall of trees but this stuff is about choices. You are choosing...