• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Transfer Case in "H" Slips out of Gear

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very simple to split the issue, if you put it against something or otherwise tie it down where it CANNOT move and put it in H and D, if it will not try to move and nether of the drive shafts are turning than the issue MUST be with the transmission/transfer case

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you drained the TC through an old pair of the ol ladies panty hose yet?

AJB777

Ok Im Back. Took my old Transfer case out. (Thats another story) Exchanged it from a place in California that does nothing but Transfer cases, every kind. Now here I am with a 218 transfer case on a table and my m998 above.

My question to everyone is based on my research both in all the TM's I could find as well as the web. Some say use the paper gasket that comes with the TC, and some say use a high quality gasket sealer that is impervious to oil. Funny thing is I can't find any reference in the TM to indicate either. The adapter does, and is supposed to take on some Trans fluid. There is no seal on my Trans output shaft. (see Pic) what you see is a metal bearing of sorts but no seal can be found. When we pulled it there was quite a bit of fluid in the adapter section. And most importantly there was evidence of a rubbery red clearish gasket sealer that was very sticky. I am leaning towards just the paper gasket. What say you all. Thanks in advance. We will be installing it in about a week after I recover from the 4th. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

hmmwvtrans1.jpghmmwvtrans.JPG

AJB777

Dude, I wish I could have a car lift and dartboard and tool chest in my bedroom next to my wardrobe rack!

My wife won’t let me. 😢
😂😂😂 that’s funny. In reality, it is my garage/barn. The cloths are on the way to Goodwill.

one vote for sealer and paper. Anyone else?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks