• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Transport needed from Lake Butler, Florida to Spring Lake, NC

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perry Fl .to lake Butler Fl. is almost 2 hours. I am just 1/2 hour away if you need help. Big yard in Interlachen and big yard at my other home in Newberry. You could drop off Allens trailer and Russ's tires in Newberry. Newberry is one hour from Perry. I can get Allen his trailer. Newberry is easy to get to from I 75. PM me and get my #. Does the truck at Butler run as I have a goose neck and could pick up and store.
That makes more sense. Wes, check your pm.

FloridaAKM

I tried putting a call & text for Larry to allow an inspection today, but he is not answering his phone for some reason. Will try again tomorrow. The pictures of the truck from GP are pretty self explanatory about the trucks condition. The only negative I saw was the bathtub in the roof full of water. The pictures seem to have been taken @ Camp Blanding some time ago as I recognize the terrain. The truck does crank & run @ the time of the inspection, its condition now is unknown. Will keep you guys updated as to progress or lack of it!

sandcobra164

Probably can get it to you, Joseph's 5 ton can back it on my trailer and put the generator back on the trailer. Then use your deuce to unload it since i drop the generator off in madison. Should work.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Wes,
I'd be more than happy to help. My better half was wondering when the M1082 would go home. You'll be working by yourself if you come this weekend as I have to go out of town. 5 ton will still be there though and the trailer is currently at the correct pintle hitch level for it. I've probably towed it 100 miles or so during my weekly trips around the block. I was under the impression that it has a bad or leaking tire but neither has ever seemed low and I've not added air since it showed up in late July (early August)? Alan, your storage fee totals a 12 oz beverage with the words Natural Light on the can.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes,
I'd be more than happy to help. My better half was wondering when the M1082 would go home. You'll be working by yourself if you come this weekend as I have to go out of town. 5 ton will still be there though and the trailer is currently at the correct pintle hitch level for it. I've probably towed it 100 miles or so during my weekly trips around the block. I was under the impression that it has a bad or leaking tire but neither has ever seemed low and I've not added air since it showed up in late July (early August)? Alan, your storage fee totals a 12 oz beverage with the words Natural Light on the can.
Prob wont be this weekend but his euc hasnt cleared but we will get it figured out and ill text ya. Ill take care of the beer for it Alan.

rodny123

I really appreciate everyone's help on this.

FloridaAKM I appreciate the effort that you made to get in contact with the GovPlanet rep there. If you could lay eyes on the truck and let me know of its current condition that would be great. Some pics would be nice as well.

I called GovPlanet this morning to check on the status of the EUC but the lady really couldn't tell me anything other than what I can see on the website. She said it "might" be ready tomorrow or next Tuesday or next Tuesday.... Man I'm tired of waiting.

Wes I will let you know when it has cleared and then we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
Rodney

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rodney, glad that you feel good and squared away. No worries on the EUC wait, we all (ok, I haven't, but most have) played that game.

Enjoy!

FloridaAKM

Sorry about leaving the trailer with you for so long, but the same time I had planned to come get it, I developed Tachycardia which shut me down from a 400+ mile drive in the Deuce. I'll get Wes to leave you a case of Natural lite for all your help with that trailer. Hope it didn't kill to much grass in the yard. Thanks again!
Wes,

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sorry about leaving the trailer with you for so long, but the same time I had planned to come get it, I developed Tachycardia which shut me down from a 400+ mile drive in the Deuce. I'll get Wes to leave you a case of Natural lite for all your help with that trailer. Hope it didn't kill to much grass in the yard. Thanks again!
Alan, are you able to store any tires for people down in Florida that want some to pickup at your place? I have some for Adam, twistedoaks, and anyone else who wants needs em down that way.

FloridaAKM

Wes,
I have limited room to actually store them, but James has almost unlimited room for tire storage for a reasonable amount of time. Moving them will be a chore if they are large tires. I will see if he chimes in here shortly.

Larry finally answered me back & he says that technically, according to the state of Florida, I can't go preview anything(never heard of that before), but if his is there, I can stop by & say hi.
He won't be there till Friday afternoon, so I won't be able to preview my items as they will be sold by them. The Hmmwv can be photographed @ that time for Rodney. This is progress.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
10-4.

Kind of like I figured with the GP guys now. 4 hrs 1 day a week at a yard. I have an LMTV to get off Gordon that is 8 to 2 on Fridays. Luckily a member here will be on base today and the GP rep will get it released to him. Which is fortunate considering they were out for training for 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of storage and lots of room for trucks with trailers to turn around both yards. What ever place is close to your needs . Newberry or Interlachen. Newberry is closer to I75 and Interlachen is closer to I95.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Plenty of storage and lots of room for trucks with trailers to turn around both yards. What ever place is close to your needs . Newberry or Interlachen. Newberry is closer to I75 and Interlachen is closer to I95.
Thanks James, We will see how things go with his EUC and with Alan. Let's hope he gets well soon, I know he can't be doing that much though. he shouldnt be.

sandcobra164

I was about 3 inches too far towards the passenger side, just needed to make a minor correction. Only had to pull forward about 3 feet to get it straight.

FloridaAKM

I'll wager that your wife is happy that you no longer have a tailgater following your truck around the block, or sitting in the yard. I still owe you a case of cold adult beverage of your choice & my thanks for watching over that beast till you got to watch it being trailered away finally into the sunset. The thought crossed my mind that I might just have to will it to you the way things were going.

Wes should be showing up in Newberry @ James place to off load it & pick up the HMMWV as the sun goes down depending on circumstances on the road. Rodney should be happy with getting his new to him HMMWV before Christmas to go over & find a place to drive it as it is still a runner; not to mention, finding people who he never met, help him recover his truck for free. Pay it forward is still alive & well on the Steel Soldiers forum.

May the Lord bless you all, Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

rodny123

I really appreciate everything that you all have done for me. If any of you need anything checked out (to the best of my ability) on the GP or GL lots here in Ft. Bragg then by all means let me know and I will be more than happy to do so. Thank you so much.

FloridaAKM

Wes made it in with a sliver of sunshine left, unloaded the M1082, reloaded the HMMWV and is headed to a warm place for the night & supper. The Florida crew is done on this end with the recovery for Rodney, next up is the trip home to Cherry Point & a new happy owner of a HMMWV right before Christmas.

A big shout out to Floridianson for making the recovery happen by recovering the HMMWV to the pickup point on his own dime!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
People in newberry thought i was part of the Christmas parade.

Alan. Just give what i told you for your trailer to ride down to James. He earned it and you guys saved me a big headache on getting down here.

FloridaAKM

Wes, he won't accept it or any other payments or gifts; I have tried before. Let me try one more time. Thanks again for bringing the 1082 to Florida, I know Sandcobra's wife really was happy to see it go. Now, onward for more fun or back to work tomorrow!