• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MACK F900 US Army?

tcody

Anyone have any info on a Mack F900 used by the US ARMY? I have read that they were used by the Morocon army, but this pic clearly has US Army on the doors. Pretty neat truck. Any have one for sale I would sure be interested.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of one pulling what looks to be a M747 trailer with a M746 tractor on it.

Other than the cab, it reminds me of a M123. There are Mack M123s, so I wonder if they share anything. I'd say it looks like it has 14.00x24 tires as well.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I think the first picture is a test truck maybe for the US Army or my guess someone owns the truck after a foriegn Military had its use and has painted US Army on the doors. I didnt think we would have a tactical vehicle with silver rims and gloss paint.
Many other Militarys use Mack, who wouldnt? Best name in trucks.

JDToumanian

I believe Barstow Truck Parts has (had?) a pair of those except they had 3 axles in the rear. They were air force strata blue and had Detroit 8v-71s in them. Monstrous!

Jon

AMGeneral

If memory serves I remember reading in Fred Crimson's "U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles" that these were tested in 1973 as a replacment for the M123 series trucks,they were powered by a Mack ENDT 866 V8 joined with a Mack TRTXL transmission.

I'll post pictures later if I can find my copy of the book.

tcody

Thats a Sharp Truck! Would love to have it myself. This is a picture of my 1972 Mack F795
Built in Hayward Calif. V-8 Mack W Dynatard, 5spd, and the Bulldog is Gold so its all Mack.
It might look pretty good with some semi gloss OD on her!
Do I see a K100 aerodyne there? Nothing like a cabover. Nice trucks.

mfchuck

Anyone have any info on a Mack F900 used by the US ARMY? I have read that they were used by the Morocon army, but this pic clearly has US Army on the doors. Pretty neat truck. Any have one for sale I would sure be interested.
I might know where one is here in Arizona if you're still interested. From what I was told it was sent to the Yuma proving grounds to be tested as a tank recovery vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks