• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MACK F900 US Army?

tcody

Anyone have any info on a Mack F900 used by the US ARMY? I have read that they were used by the Morocon army, but this pic clearly has US Army on the doors. Pretty neat truck. Any have one for sale I would sure be interested.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of one pulling what looks to be a M747 trailer with a M746 tractor on it.

Other than the cab, it reminds me of a M123. There are Mack M123s, so I wonder if they share anything. I'd say it looks like it has 14.00x24 tires as well.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I think the first picture is a test truck maybe for the US Army or my guess someone owns the truck after a foriegn Military had its use and has painted US Army on the doors. I didnt think we would have a tactical vehicle with silver rims and gloss paint.
Many other Militarys use Mack, who wouldnt? Best name in trucks.

JDToumanian

I believe Barstow Truck Parts has (had?) a pair of those except they had 3 axles in the rear. They were air force strata blue and had Detroit 8v-71s in them. Monstrous!

Jon

AMGeneral

If memory serves I remember reading in Fred Crimson's "U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles" that these were tested in 1973 as a replacment for the M123 series trucks,they were powered by a Mack ENDT 866 V8 joined with a Mack TRTXL transmission.

I'll post pictures later if I can find my copy of the book.

tcody

Thats a Sharp Truck! Would love to have it myself. This is a picture of my 1972 Mack F795
Built in Hayward Calif. V-8 Mack W Dynatard, 5spd, and the Bulldog is Gold so its all Mack.
It might look pretty good with some semi gloss OD on her!
Do I see a K100 aerodyne there? Nothing like a cabover. Nice trucks.

mfchuck

Anyone have any info on a Mack F900 used by the US ARMY? I have read that they were used by the Morocon army, but this pic clearly has US Army on the doors. Pretty neat truck. Any have one for sale I would sure be interested.
I might know where one is here in Arizona if you're still interested. From what I was told it was sent to the Yuma proving grounds to be tested as a tank recovery vehicle.