• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Malibu, California-Style Black Deuce

eddiec

i do like the smoothness of the body, but the chrome has got to go. although i am glad to see someone put that much time, money, and effort into a duece, i wish someone could have been able to point the owner in the right direction.

rice

Yes, they are spotlights. I like it like it is. Chrome wheels with tubeless tires would cost me more than I have in the truck. I kept the red since it was a fire truck. My other deuce is desert tan and I'll probably camo it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those spotlights are original on the 530B and 530C class pumpers/fire trucks. The truck should also have the cab heater on the right side under the dash! Fire trucks have some cool stuff!

Opie

The truck should also have the cab heater on the right side under the dash! Fire trucks have some cool stuff!
Fire trucks don't need cab heaters, just a good, working structure fire!

rice

Yes it does have the heater with full insulation. It was set up for very cold weather with oil pan heater and heaters for the water tank and the battery.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick, does it still have the rear PTO? Is there a linkage that goes to the beck from the clutch? One of the versions has some type of pump and roll funtion with a clutch control at the back. While I know a bit about the 530 trucks, I've never had one to play with.

rice

Yes it has the rear pto. The lever to engage it is behind the cab on the drivers side. You engage it then put the truck in 4th gear to run the pump. I thought about one day making it a dump and use that to drive the pump.

slash79

^ he made a ryme!

that red duece does look really good though, and chrome stacks would look pretty bitchin' too, or you could get one and paint it silver to match the wheels and bumper.

motorolanut

on the black truck, its a wanna be semi!! someone has more money than the common sense god gave a jackass, Its a military truck...plain and simple... supposed to stay that way....not a pimped
out freightliner or western star..my two cents worth..just a humble mans opinion.

ONTOS66

On the positive side, someone spent megabucks on a retired military vehicle - and that is one spoiled truck that will never be a bombing target. Plus, it isn't a low rider with fuzzy dice - after all , it is California!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
n3uka said:
Don't blast me.... I love it :hop:

Wish I knew how to run the tag and find out who it belongs too.
Would love to know the details.

Would be fun to have one original and one Pimped :devil:
what is the tag number, I can't make it out? but it is one pimped deuce. Brother of the tomato sauce tank!

gt1009

That's one cool-ass truck. Pretty cool how it's the only one you'll ever see thats painted like that. A pretty neat rich boy's toy.

OPCOM said:
n3uka said:
Wish I knew how to run the tag and find out who it belongs too.
Would love to know the details.
:
what is the tag number, I can't make it out?
I was told that he was a contractor.
There are some interesting things that were done to it.

I could get down there sometime and put a note on the truck

Try this picture.

Attachments

SierraHotel

The Deuces for the honor guard at Fort Myer (Washington, D.C.) don't have the chrome, but they are all black and sharp. I was considering painting mine in the 3rd Infantry scheme. I'd get you pictures, but since 9/11, my Arlington Cemetary pass will not get me onto Fort Myer anymore.

Just when you think there may be some sanity in the world along comes another huh?

There is a guy selling a tan Deuce that parked it by near my house on the main street. Of course being nosy I had to go give it the once over. Looked to be a 71 and it said AM General on the For Sale sign. The guy who owned it finally called me back. He told me that the truck was a 2004 (a new crate motor that now has 234 hours on it justifies it as new?). He says "everything works, it has hysterical plates on it for full year, and there is no bullet holes in it" - so now that makes it a new truck? :shock: :shock:
My eyes are rolling back in my head at this point :roll: :roll:

Well the tires looked pretty hammered to me as did the tailgate.

Then he tells me that he has lowered the price (since he has to move) to a quick sale price of $16,000.00 That made me cough up a good sandwich I just ate.
HUH? I asked him, "Are you really serious?" :?
He then told me, "Well the guy in Malibu with the black deuce with all the chrome is asking $100,000.00 and a guy in Santa Barbara just sold one not as nice as mine for $11,000.00"

I was biting my lip hard and that's when I fainted...................................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks