• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

manual glowplug operation

mistaken1

The resistor will show 24v until you put a load on it before it drops the voltage. The current flow determines the voltage drop. The total resistance of the circuit determines the current flow (along with the voltage). The resistor and working glow plugs together make up a series/parallel circuit (that based on the overall resistance of this system and battery voltage determines the total current flow and consequently the voltage drop across each component).

I keep assuming that people will search and find the details previously posted.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/64919-glow-plug-voltage.html#post770664

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/64968-winter-starting.html#post773056

Last edited:

jdemaris

.....everyone gets so technical I don't really understand it. Thanks.

To be non-technical, all the currently made glow plugs for 6.2s- civilian and military are designed to work at 10-12 volts and will usually be marked 10.5 or 11 volts. All that counts is the voltage reading at the glow plug when it is heating.

The plugs Delco sells as AC60Gs are made by Beru of Germany and are rated as 10.5 volt plugs.

Attachments

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Now thats what Im talkin about. A Barney version of glow plug theory!!! Thanks to all of you for your input and sorry I had to start a new thread but I know the glow plug voltage but couldn't find anything on what exactly drops the volts from 24 to 12.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks